Turn on thread page Beta

GF chased by a dog watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Bottom line: was the kick necessary to prevent the dog from injuring you or your girlfriend? If yes then you're right. If all you had to do was shout and stand up to the dog then you're wrong.

ReputationRep:
    no its a true story, I caught a photo of the incident.

http://www.funmunch.com/funny_pictur...ious%20Dog.jpg

OP.....get a new GF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bestofyou)
    no its a true story, i caught a photo of the incident.

http://www.funmunch.com/funny_pictur...ious%20dog.jpg

op.....get a new gf
    actually lol'd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am 12)
    not gonna lie, if I was there to see you do that to a dog I would murder you on the spot

I hope you made this story up you little queer cunt

And what if the dog was genuinely going to attack his gf? Is he supposed to just let it happen?

I love dogs as much as the next person, more probably, but in this situation if the dog was going to attack someone I'd boot it in the face as well. And then I would tell the irresponsible dog owner to shove it.

ReputationRep:
    Trollolololol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    And what if the dog was genuinely going to attack his gf? Is he supposed to just let it happen?

I love dogs as much as the next person, more probably, but in this situation if the dog was going to attack someone I'd boot it in the face as well. And then I would tell the irresponsible dog owner to shove it.
    But he had no way of actually telling whether this dog was going to attack or was just playing/chasing/very excited.

What actually happened was, a dog ran at his girlfriend and he kicked it so hard he actually injured it. Imo that's just ridiculous.
    Dogs run at people all the time. And in England the dogs are not feral, rabid, starving and ready to attack at any minute.

It is far more likely this dog was just hyperactive and excited rather than a killing machine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)
    But he had no way of actually telling whether this dog was going to attack or was just playing/chasing/very excited.

What actually happened was, a dog ran at his girlfriend and he kicked it so hard he actually injured it. Imo that's just ridiculous.
    Dogs run at people all the time. And in England the dogs are not feral, rabid, starving and ready to attack at any minute.

It is far more likely this dog was just hyperactive and excited rather than a killing machine.

Love how you bolded my post including the "WHAT IF" section and still managed to jump to conclusions. Nice work there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4ttari)
    That reminds me, i got chased by a dog once and i decided to jump onto someones brand new Jaguar, that jag did save my ass from the dog but the Jag owner was fuming.
    Jag owners deserve it. Pompous twits.

ReputationRep:
    The dog was obviously chasing your girlfriend because shes a ***** and was on heat. Therefore he was just trying to hump her and get his grind on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am 12)
    not gonna lie, if I was there to see you do that to a dog I would murder you on the spot

I hope you made this story up you little queer cunt
    (Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x)
    The dog was obviously chasing your girlfriend because shes a ***** and was on heat. Therefore he was just trying to hump her and get his grind on.

F-U-C-K YOU both!

ReputationRep:
    That *****.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If a dog was about to attack me, or someone I was with, or in fact anyone that didn't deserve it, I would act in a similar fashion (depending on the type of dog etc).

I was nearly chased by three dogs once. Some young lads on top of a garage saw me and waned me the reason they were up there was because of three dogs. I assumed they were ****ing with me. They were not ****ing with me.

Luckily the dogs were lazy, only one chased me and gave up after 5 or 6 seconds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnC2211)
    Love how you bolded my post including the "WHAT IF" section and still managed to jump to conclusions. Nice work there.
    You also said that if you were in the same situation you would have probably done the same.
    I'm not jumping to any conclusions either.
    Your "what if" was whether the dog was actually going to attack.
    The what if I was suggesting was whether the dog was just playing.
    And my scenario is a lot more likely.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. If I had to tackle an angry dog or an angry Jaguar, I would take the dog every time! Seriously though, the dog should of been on a lead IMHO. The owner was wrong not taking it out on one. But, no, there was definitely no reason to kick the dog unless it was attacking your girlfriend (or you were definitely sure it was going to.) I to am a dog lover too and hate seeing dogs get hurt for any reason. Remember, they were originally pack animals and are trained (psychologically,) to attack at any immediate danger they think is occurring. This is why they get such bad rep. People forget about this sometimes. So, to me, the owner of the dog and the OP are both at fault.

ReputationRep:
    You're a horrible person, your girlfriend should leave you.

On a more serious note, I'd never kick a dog... especially if it's not even attacking anyone. Just grab it ffs. Parents have 6 dogs so I guess i'm not scared of them though...

Also be careful whos dog you kick, you may get kicked in the face aswell.

ReputationRep:
    A kick to the head will be the least of a dogs problems if it chased my GF/wife aggressively.

Then I'd sort the owner out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotttb)
    this didnt happen, did it?
    Most of them don't.................:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    poor dog how could you kick a dog in the face?!?! and injure it! i'm on the poor dog's side
    i've worked with animals for years, and tbh, all you said was that it chased your girlfriend. if you run from a dog, it thinks it's fun and runs after you. that's why if your dog gets off the lead, you don't RUN after it, it'll think you're playing a game and just run circles around you and get further away 0_o

if the dog seriously tried to hurt your girlfriend, and it was a big dog, then fair enough for trying to get in-between them, but it may not have been going for an attack, so you may have unnecessarily injured a poor animal. owners who have dogs who are prown to attacking people, do not generally let them off the lead, tbh.

and yeah, if it was my dog and someone kicked it in the face, i'd have made that person's face ten times worse. nobody hurts my dog!

also, if i felt i had to restrain a dog, why kick it in the face?! you'll just make it more angry and aggressive lulz, probably best to grab it's collar/scruff, and hold it back until the owner can put it back on a lead and take it away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musi_1993)
    Basically today I was walking with my girlfriend and then a dog started chasing her and then I ran up to the dog and kicked the dog in the face like a football which severely injured the dog. The dog owner then came up to me and started shouting at me so I got really angry but my GF told me to leave him alone and walk off, but if I think off it now isn't he meant to apologize? I mean his dog attacked my GF? My GF is really upset about the incident.
    Hang on? You kicked the dog and you expect the owner to apologise?! Dude you're an idiot...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yogi_bear_2k2)
    Remember, they were originally pack animals and are trained (psychologically,) to attack at any immediate danger they think is occurring. This is why they get such bad rep. People forget about this sometimes. So, to me, the owner of the dog and the OP are both at fault.
    Not really. Most dogs would rather avoid a threat by running away or try to reduce the threat with appeasement behaviour. The dogs that get bad rep have basically been trained that they have to react with aggression to remove the threat, it's not how they are naturally.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.