Turn on thread page Beta

Why can't I let go of the past? watch

ANON please.

Basically, I went out with my ex for a few months, and he was awesome. He promised me he would never ever hurt me, and I thought he was different.

Then all of a sudden one day he starts acting so cold towards me, and from them on I knew it wouldnt go down well. After a week of putting me through literal hell, so many things running through my mind of what ifs, he breaks up with me...

I found out later he was still thinking about his ex throughout the WHOLE relationship, as you can imagine that made me feel utterly worthless. Was I that bad that he thought of his ex? And basically used me as a rebound to get over her, and when he realised he couldn't get over her, he dumps me?

Now we are friends, I honestly mean it when I say all my attraction and feelings have gone, I don't want to be with him. But, im so bitter, I feel as if he's gotten away with using me as a fool, or I dont know how to explain it, but i cant let go.

Why is this? I know his ex by the way and although shes a friend, im so bitter towards her aswell, like i try and pick out all the faults in her (she basically used my ex boyfriend as a side boyfriend, whilst also having a relationship with another guy) I know I would NEVER do that, i only stick to on person, so why is it he thought of her all that time? Urgh, what do I do, how can I let go and just move on?

Sorry for the rant

ReputationRep:
    You can just think to yourself that you can do better than him. It's all very well saying this but I think only time will heal now.

Wow that sounded gay (but I still stand by it)

(Original post by LzLz)
    You can just think to yourself that you can do better than him. It's all very well saying this but I think only time will heal now.

Wow that sounded gay (but I still stand by it)
    Thankyou! I guess you're right, I'll wait to find someone truly special

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.