Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have unconditional offers to study medicine at Aberdeen, Dundee and Edinburgh and I have a conditional offer from Glasgow. I have narrowed my choice to Glasgow and Edinburgh. Which univeristy is consdered to be the best for medicine?

ReputationRep:
    Edinburgh has a better reputation for medicine. It is ranked higher in the UK and the world and also has a long very reputable history. It was the best medical school in the world in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Glasgow is PBL whereas Edinburgh is mixed so that might play a role in your choice as well.

Overall though i would choose Edinburgh without a doubt mostly because Edinburgh is famous around the world for medicine (edinburgh grads founded 5 out of the 7 Ivy League medical schools and have discovered diseases like Bell's palsy, Addison's disease etc)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ukmed108)
    Edinburgh has a better reputation for medicine. It is ranked higher in the UK and the world and also has a long very reputable history. It was the best medical school in the world in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Glasgow is PBL whereas Edinburgh is mixed so that might play a role in your choice as well.

Overall though i would choose Edinburgh without a doubt mostly because Edinburgh is famous around the world for medicine (edinburgh grads founded 5 out of the 7 Ivy League medical schools and have discovered diseases like Bell's palsy, Addison's disease etc)
    Check the dates next time you reply to a thread, this one was asked 2 cycles ago.

Also everything you said except for the course type is irrelevant for someone who is going to practice in the UK which will be almost everyone.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.