Turn on thread page Beta

How would you feel if you found out the girl you fancy had cancer..? watch

Announcements

A girl at work got the bad news and burst out crying hysterically. would you be put off even if it was curable or would it make you closer??

ReputationRep:
    I won't know till I am in that situation.

ReputationRep:
    I would go up to her and give her a massive hug:hug:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Casshern1456)
    I would go up to her and give her a massive hug:hug:
    This. If you like someone you like them. Things like this should not change that if what you feel means anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    A girl at work got the bad news and burst out crying hysterically. would you be put off even if it was curable or would it make you closer??
    (NB: I write this as someone who's recovering from cancer)
    If I was already in a relationship with her, it'd probably make us closer. If I wasn't already in a relationship with her, it's incredibly unlikely one would start until she had recovered, as cancer patients aren't in a place to start a relationship. Starting a relationship is an emotional rollercoaster at any time, as right at the start you both try to impress each other and neither of you are entirely comfortable with each other yet. When going through cancer, this just isn't possible. You're so sick that you need comfort, of the type you can only get with someone you're truly comfortable with, who knows you well and who you don't feel the need to try and show your best side to. Sexual contact and romantic intentions are the last thing on your mind. To be honest, I've never met a cancer patient who thinks of much other than getting better. The rest of your life goes on hold.

If you're close as friends, something like this may make you closer, as she'll need support. But leave any other intentions until she's finished treatment and on the mend. She'll appreciate that you've been there for her, but it really isn't the time to push her.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.