Turn on thread page Beta

Never tried tobacco.....at the age of 22 watch

ReputationRep:
    Not worth it, I'm just amazed how you managed to avoid it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArjunT)
    im 19 and ive never smoked, who cares? Its expensive and pointless.
    Same here.

No point. Just ruins your health!

If you haven't tried it now, then don't!
    It is very addictive and it's a waist of money, a pointless habit, like most habits are!

Say I smoke 20 cigarettes a day (on average) and I buy tailored cigarettes, not tobacco, it costs me...
    £40 (roughly)

Tobacco is a lot cheaper though, I could buy 25g of Amber Leaf which costs the same as a deck of 20 cigarettes, and the pouch of 25g would last me a whole week, saving me roughly £30/£35.

I started smoking at fourteen, and have been addicted ever since. Not worth trying!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and have never smoked either, like the others I just think it's pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teriaki)
    Just wondering what people's views are on this:

I'm 22 years old and have never in my life tried tobacco in any shape or form, not even a single puff on a cigarette. It is not because of religious beliefs (my mom smokes quite a bit) but I've simply never wanted to get involved with tobacco.

Two things I'm wondering:

1) How many others are there out there like me? Or is it so uncommon in today's society that you're unlikely to find anyone above the age of 18 who hasn't smoked?

2) Though smoking is generally viewed as a bad thing (at least I've gotten that impression), would you still think its weird that someone who is in their early twenties hasn't even tried it?
    I have never smoked either i've been offered both tobacco and weed but always refused personally for me it seems a pointless passtime when I could be spending my money on something that literally goes up in smoke. I've never been tempted either. My mum has never smoked in her life either although my dad and brother do daily. Don't worry about it some people like it others think it's pointless just different opinions though.

ReputationRep:
    It might seem like most people have smoked at least once in their life but that's not true. The majority of people I know are in the same boat as you.

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered tobacco countless times, but honestly I see how much those who smoke it take, and how irritable they get when they don't have a smoke - I really wouldn't see the point in doing that to myself, almost every smoker is trying to quit, only an idiot would willingly try it..

So yeah same boat

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 and have never tried it. And its a good thing you havent tried it cos all it does is ruin your health

ReputationRep:
    The only decent thing about smoking is that unlit cigarettes smell like raisins... or at least they do to me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.