The Student Room Group

Coming out story's

Coming out story's are cute, and I'm in need of some cutness...

Post yours :smile:

Here's mine:

So I realised I was gay for about 6 months or so and I just wanted to tell someone. I was on a school trip to China with not that close a friend to start off with. We got on and never had any 'deep chats'. So the whole time I was like, 'I've got to tell him'. This went on until 3 am UK time in the middle of the flight at night, and we ended up talking about life, people, friends. I said 'How far would you go with a guy'. So my hearts start racing he says 'Not far, kiss maybe, you?' so I said 'all the way' and he was like 'huh what? you mean with a guy?' I started freaking out thinking I'm gonna be stuck with this guy hating me for the rest of the trip and then I said 'I'm gay'. He was really cool with it and was like woahh that is amazing. We ended up for about 2 hours going through Cosmopolitan and Men's health saying who's hot or not and rubbing out all the ugly girls. I'm now really good mates with the guy 3 years on :smile:

x

Scroll to see replies

But have you come out to your parents? That could be way more awkward :mmm:
Reply 2
I have last year.... that ended in a lot of tears, and most days whenever we talk about it, it still does =/
Reply 3
My mates brother "came out" at dinner one night.

His dad's words were "cool".

Nuff said.
I never really had to come out, most people assumed i was straight and when i work it into conversations like"oh i think he is cute" their responses have always been well..... none and i i have friends who were very homophobic but once they knew i was gay they chilled and well changed. I have a wide circle of friends i am in cosmopolitan Toronto right now, i have friends from Afghanistan, Saudi, Dubai, Iran (YES ALL MUSLIM), Ghana, The Caribbean, USA, Canada, New Zealand, India, China, Korea and they are all chill and do not mind.

As for my parents they are fifth generation "brown" so although they are a bit conservative they could care less, my mom has figured it out and i think so too has my dad, but as long as the grades are all A's and I am happy and healthy they could care less.

They love me none the less, i told my two older sisters out loud and they were happy a bit concerned at first and asked a lot of questions but then were okay.

I guess i was one of the lucky ones and i am grateful.
Reply 5
Suppose this is my coming out, as a bisexual female, been trying to fight it for ages but, girls are really hot:frown:.

pro wait til uni to act on it though:biggrin:
Original post by george:)
I have last year.... that ended in a lot of tears, and most days whenever we talk about it, it still does =/

Because deep down, no parent wants their kid to be gay :sadnod:
Reply 7
I came out as transgendered to my mum and got nothing but an 'I guessed as much'. I came out to my aunt and got 'I don't care, whatever makes you happy'.

I came out as transgendered to my boyfriend (who apparently loves me for who I am and not what I look like, HAHA) and he flipped the **** out and didn't speak to me for several days. But I'm gonna move out of his place and start my transition. Every one else has taken it very positively and I'm going to be presenting as male for when I start university (y)
Reply 8
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Is this like 'Jamie' on Hollyoaks?

You mean Jason according to Google and I have no idea why you put his name in quotes...

And yes, it is. I am a FtM trans* identified person, like the character.
Original post by Jammyface
You mean Jason according to Google and I have no idea why you put his name in quotes...

And yes, it is. I am a FtM trans* identified person, like the character.

That is absolutely disgusting. EWWW.com

edit: to the 11 idiots on TSR, pweaseeee keep the neg-rep coming

I hope to beat imsoacademic soon...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
I sort of had a double coming out. I came out as lesbian to my closest friends and family when I was 13 or so and then a couple of years later I told my best friend that I thought I might be bi... and then I got together with my boyfriend, to which the people who I had come out to were like "ummmm. what?" and everyone else didn't see the significance. My favourite "coming out" was to my best friend when I when I was younger; we were walking in a field together and I don't remember what we were talking about and I just randomly went "I'm a lesbian!" and she gave me a big hug and was really nice about it.

I'm still not out to my dad, I have NO idea how to bring that up. I also have a bit of a dilemma about my sister, who's ten. It's never come up because I'm with a guy and my parents don't want me to "encourage" her to be gay but at the same time... tolerance is all about positive role models and I really want to be that for her. My mum and stepdad's homophobia has definitely decreased since I came out to them, but on some level it's still there and I want my little sister to grow up to be more accepting than they are.
Reply 11
I oped the door walked through and closed it behind me and didn't look back.
Reply 12
Original post by thewiseone
That is absolutely disgusting. EWWW.com

:rolleyes: Wow. Well done for having such a closed-minded opinion, I suppose?
My dad saw me hug my boyfriend through the window when he came to pick me up. Bad timing there. He asked if I was gay and I said yes. Then he told my mum that evening and we talked about it. It was awkward but I thought it went ok.

However now recently dad's said things like I'm totally not gay and I'm straight really. And that I'll realise it when I'm at university and break down and ruin my life, and any relationship I have with a woman (ha!) will be built on lies because I won't tell them I've slept with a guy. So yeah after several of those conversations I honestly felt suicidal, but my boyfriend is supporting me brilliantly. I'm refusing to talk about it any more to my parents and can't wait to get away off to uni.
Reply 14
A couple of years ago I told my dad I was attracted to men. He started crying, so I told him I was joking.

Fail.
:rolleyes: Wow. Well done for having such a closed-minded opinion, I suppose?

Don't quote me ever again tranny. You are a waste of skin, blood and bones.

Pre-emptive edit: keep the neg reps rolling in interwebs ppl. Successful troll WILL be successful.
Reply 16
Don't quote me ever again tranny. You are a waste of skin, blood and bones.

Pre-emptive edit: keep the neg reps rolling in interwebs ppl. Successful troll WILL be successful.

Uh-oh, looks like we've got an internet tough guy on our hands...

Uh-oh, looks like we've got an internet tough guy on our hands...

Nope. Give me a name, address, time and place and I'll finish your pathetic life.
COME AT ME BRO/SIS
Reply 18
Nope. Give me a name, address, time and place and I'll finish your pathetic life.
COME AT ME BRO/SIS

Give me a name, address, time and place and I'll finish your pathetic life.

Now jog on.
Reply 19
Original post by fretter778

Original post by fretter778
My dad saw me hug my boyfriend through the window when he came to pick me up. Bad timing there. He asked if I was gay and I said yes. Then he told my mum that evening and we talked about it. It was awkward but I thought it went ok.

However now recently dad's said things like I'm totally not gay and I'm straight really. And that I'll realise it when I'm at university and break down and ruin my life, and any relationship I have with a woman (ha!) will be built on lies because I won't tell them I've slept with a guy. So yeah after several of those conversations I honestly felt suicidal, but my boyfriend is supporting me brilliantly. I'm refusing to talk about it any more to my parents and can't wait to get away off to uni.

My parents do the EXACT same thing to me, it really kinda gets me down ahah x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending