Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    there are literally no chavs here, but a lot of hobo-esque crazy big issue selling people, but they are harmless. its a wonderful city, and going back to cardiff is always a shock!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rich_)
    oh right. lol. so you're not at exeter uni though.. but i see you've applied. what do you think of brum (bham) by the way??
    No but i might as well as I know the place better than most students :rolleyes: B'ham campus is lovely, I know a fair few public school people there, so it's a v good mix.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe people are saying there are no chavs!! Its crazy talk, its not as bad for chavs as bristol but it is pretty bad! And I'm not a snob by any means, if theres one thing i hate more than the chavs its the crazy ammount of toffs! I think that they are more if a worry than the chavs! If we're not careful they will take over the world! AAAHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Simmer yourself you filthy red.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but the advantage with Toffs is that they don't spit, they generally aren't foul mouthed in public, they wear decent clothes and they have a respect for themselves and those around them, they don't attack people for the hell of it...Et ad finitum. Oh and they're actually at university, rather than rotting on a street corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady_Muck)
    Yes but the advantage with Toffs is that they don't spit, they generally aren't foul mouthed in public, they wear decent clothes and they have a respect for themselves and those around them, they don't attack people for the hell of it...Et ad finitum. Oh and they're actually at university, rather than rotting on a street corner.
    no they just like to walk around looking as if they own the place whilst mummy and daddy pay for everything! And In my experience they may not attack physically but they have more filthy mouths than any chav I have ever met! They may be at uni but untill I came to uni i had no idea that people could be so thick and narrow minded! The chavs I have met in the past have a lot more common sense and are aware of a little thing called reality!
    Personally I would rather be stuck in a lift with a chav than a toff any day!
    Although I do like the bit about toffs wearing decent clothes, hahahahahahahahahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    haha, amusing. lol!

ReputationRep:
    Good old stereotypes eh, oh and the same morons that keep them going. Kudos!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CW Esq)
    Good old stereotypes eh, oh and the same morons that keep them going. Kudos!
    there are so many sterotypes at exeter its crazy, you bump into people and its almost as if they've jumped out of a jokebook they are such a sterotype! I honestly didnt know that chavs existed to the degree they do i.e. vicky pollard!! untill i went to some roungh areas of bristol. And the same with toffs, untill I came to exeter I didnt know people could be THAT much of a toff they must have some kind of manual telling them how to be a toff!

ReputationRep:
    Shut the **** up you peice of ****. Will ****ing batter yuo ****!

ReputationRep:
    what the hell are you talking about you crazee crazee boy (toff!)

ReputationRep:
    what the hell are you talking about you crazee crazee boy (toff!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crash_landed)
    there are so many sterotypes at exeter its crazy, you bump into people and its almost as if they've jumped out of a jokebook they are such a sterotype! I honestly didnt know that chavs existed to the degree they do i.e. vicky pollard!! untill i went to some roungh areas of bristol. And the same with toffs, untill I came to exeter I didnt know people could be THAT much of a toff they must have some kind of manual telling them how to be a toff!

And I suppose you fill the stereotype of narrow minded and bigoted, then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crash_landed)

And I suppose you fill the stereotype of narrow minded and bigoted, then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Please don't let this thread deteriorate into some kind of class-bashing frenzy. Its happened so many times before, does anyone actually care? If you've got a problem with someone, just ignore them, it'll make both of your lives so much easier and the world a much happier place (All together now...)

ReputationRep:
    Please don't let this thread deteriorate into some kind of class-bashing frenzy. Its happened so many times before, does anyone actually care? If you've got a problem with someone, just ignore them, it'll make both of your lives so much easier and the world a much happier place (All together now...)

ReputationRep:
    Ouch! Calm down! blimy! its just a laugh, but no i dont, i just dont like toffs becuase of many bad run ins with them, and no one really likes a chav! (as in 'proper vicky pollard, gert lush init mind!)
    I just wish men wouldnt wear deck shoes!

ReputationRep:
    Ouch! Calm down! blimy! its just a laugh, but no i dont, i just dont like toffs becuase of many bad run ins with them, and no one really likes a chav! (as in 'proper vicky pollard, gert lush init mind!)
    I just wish men wouldnt wear deck shoes!

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at some pics of Exeter students (on the Guild website), and alot of the students do seem to be ''toffs''... but bugger me the blokes are good looking! They'll do for me, sloanes or not heh heh

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking at some pics of Exeter students (on the Guild website), and alot of the students do seem to be ''toffs''... but bugger me the blokes are good looking! They'll do for me, sloanes or not heh heh

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

University of Exeter Guide

Accommodation profiles:

Fresh Student Living

Fresh Student Living

Fresh provide student accommodation across the country in a number of locations.

Quick Link:

Unanswered University of Exeter Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.