Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's an attractive, reliable car for a guy, for <£10000 (and reasonable insurance)? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering getting a new car and am looking for suggestions. My budget is around £10,000 max (will be a used car - and I will likely be paying this forward for a while) and reasonable insurance costs for a young adult male.

I don't really want anything chavvy - but something quite modern and attractive (doesn't matter about performance, really). I have no idea what cars girls my age like, unfortunately, but (shallow as it is) I'd like to hear from the ladies and see what cars they like best.

Cars I like include the BMW Z4 coupé (but too expensive), the new Volkswagen Scirocco (but too expensive), and in some lights the Honda Civic R-Type is decent (although it has a "boy racer" rep).

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    I alway thought Honda Civic is a chav car lol.. Ermm how about you look at Peugeot 206 as they seem to be a nice car and reliable car.. Also i heard You can purchase a new polo under 10 grand with a year free insurance..

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy a peugeot, they are notoriously ****.

ReputationRep:
    I should have mentioned that I already drive a Peugeot and would not like to buy one again. Any more suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    I am guessing VW Polo probably the best as you can buy it brand new around 10 grand with a year free insurance...

ReputationRep:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-Porsche-B...ht_1343wt_1141

done!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'd buy a S2000

ReputationRep:
    Honda Jazz.

Oh **** yeah.

ReputationRep:
    Golf?

ReputationRep:
    My other half had one of those.
    Rear main seal went and it had to have a new engine - 9 grand bill. Ouch.
    Quite a common problem apparently.

ReputationRep:
    Honda Civic Type R was my first car on Gran Turismo 5. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ReputationRep:
    Hlo Vauxhall Agila.

A babe magnet if I've ever seen one. So much so that beast does 0-60 in .... well, it does 0-60.

ReputationRep:
    A Golf, damn nice cars they are

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.