Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got somewhat of an acknowledgement..but that's because they're asking me to send in my updated transcript (I'm doing an undergrad degree right now).

ReputationRep:
    no news is good news.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone applied to do ESPS? How long did it take for them to reply to you??

ReputationRep:
    depends on when you've sent off your application.

ReputationRep:
    whens this deadline of which you speak?

ReputationRep:
    Ive heard nothing either, and applied for ancient history and egyptology

ReputationRep:
    january...me thinks.... i'm not sure. i've sent mine off in october.

ReputationRep:
    Hurrah! I got a response today. Just an e-mail asking me to write about books i've read etc. Looks quite fun.

I'm not impatient, just enthusiastic!

ReputationRep:
    NOO>>>>>>

got rejected by UCL...!!! :eek: :eek: was an international....i sent them some good 1st sem rezults also...still trashed me!!

ReputationRep:
    what did you get in your exams? and what did they require? QMUL is a good uni, although not for econ.... whatever you do DON'T go to manchester...

ReputationRep:
    I got contacted on the 16th of December about scheduling an interview. And since then, I haven't heard a thing. Don't suppose it'd make much difference to call up as they are the ones setting up the timetables...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sijia)
    I got contacted on the 16th of December about scheduling an interview. And since then, I haven't heard a thing. Don't suppose it'd make much difference to call up as they are the ones setting up the timetables...
    gt mah rejection too life goes on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uthinkilltellu)
    what did you get in your exams? and what did they require? QMUL is a good uni, although not for econ.... whatever you do DON'T go to manchester...
    no..i'm international...so my q.fications may not be clear to u....

how come manchester put down? everybody recommended manU instead of QMUL...
    and QMUL has got the best Eco department in UK after OxBridge,LSE,UCL,African and one more...acc. to guardian...top 10 actually

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ÁňûβİŚ)

and QMUL has got the best Eco department in UK after OxBridge,LSE,UCL,African and one more...acc. to guardian...top 10 actually
    guardian are not that good...i always use(d) times guide... manchester (U)? its not a top university. I personally would go to QMUL because its a university of london degree and due to the fcat that there are many internatonal companies in london (the city) so you'll be better placed geographically to get a better job.

QMUL is a good uni. and it depends on the teachers. but its BETTER than manchester.

QM isn't really 'in' London. It's a little further out (but still on the tube)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ÁňûβİŚ)

I differ on that subject: Manchester's good, because they joined with UMIST (I think?). I would suggest Manchester before QMUL. But that's just me. It's also a good decision for you, since you are Indian, and from what I have heard there are quite a few Indians there... (not that there aren't any at QMUL)...

I only say so because I had a cousin who went there and was very happy with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hit4Six)
    gt mah rejection too life goes on
    Sorry to hear that. I wish you luck with your other unis.

I haven't got a rejection, but I just want to hear something and get this interview done and over with...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    QM isn't really 'in' London. It's a little further out (but still on the tube)
    well neither is RHUL, but its still a uni of london.

ReputationRep:
    Queen Mary's is "in" London though. It's less than 5 minutes tube away from Liverpool Street. It's pretty absurd to claim it's not in London, but it isn't in central London.

Royal Holloway is mainly based in Egham, which isn't really even greater London but they do have a building or two right near UCL.

(Original post by skd180)
    <stuff on QM>
    Students in London, even LSE students, don't hang about the City that much.

For us, it's more residential loafing and typically, West End partying. QM is that little way out - it isn't walking distance for a lot of stuff on the late nights... it has it's own feel.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.