Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naughty_uk2)
    Ive heard nothing either, and applied for ancient history and egyptology
    This is exactly the position that I'm in, and to be honest I really wish they'd hurry up. I really want an offer, but at this stage any decision would be a relief of sorts. I mean I sent my UCAS form off in October!

ReputationRep:
    i know what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    I am also waiting for a reply from UCL. I applied for architecture in october and am predicted AAA. A number of people applied for the same course in my college and most of them were rejected becuase I didnt think they met the grade requirements but two of us are still waiting. has anyone actually got an offer for architecture here???

ReputationRep:
    Well i applied in october and the bloody idiots still aint replied back to me....

ReputationRep:
    I heard from computer science 2 days after the interview by letter!!

I applied for Maths on like the 15th of Jan and havent heard anything since- but i have emailed the admissions tutor regarding things so he knows ive applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sl_6789)
    My aplication was processed 31st September - still absolutely nothing. I really want this offer, if I don't gt it I'm re-applying next year. Just bloody hurry up. Who else has applied for V100 and has got nothing?
    I didn't apply for V100, but History with European Language. Either way, it's still the same department handling everything isn't it? I'm international, so I got an additional questionnaire thing. But that's about it. Nothing after that.

ReputationRep:
    WOOT! I have an interview for Ancient History and Egyptology on the 13th February in the history department! Finally! How formal do you think it will be? Like Oxbridge style or a bit more relaxed? I have to send them a questionairre on my motivation for the course and a recent essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killamangiro)
    I am also waiting for a reply from UCL. I applied for architecture in october and am predicted AAA. A number of people applied for the same course in my college and most of them were rejected becuase I didnt think they met the grade requirements but two of us are still waiting. has anyone actually got an offer for architecture here???
    arent the grade requirements for architecture quite low anyway? i think i read on the propectus that they were BBC and were the people who applied in ure college rejected after the submitted a portfolio. Well i still havent heard anything from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrbob)
    arent the grade requirements for architecture quite low anyway? i think i read on the propectus that they were BBC and were the people who applied in ure college rejected after the submitted a portfolio. Well i still havent heard anything from them.
    I think most of them had grades below that but one of them was predicted AAC and he still got rejected without interview. Also I didnt get into Cardiff nor Nottingham and I had the grade requirements. But I'm not fussed because I dont really want to go there anyways, UCL is the only place I can really be bothered to go to.

ReputationRep:
    If it's any consolation, I'm in the same boat! I hear that UCL don't rush to give out applications compared to some other unis so I'm sure there's still hope( for both of us)

ReputationRep:
    wahay! I got an invite yesterday for 20th february, have to take my portfolio and they're also asking me to send another personal statment thing. But like I dont know what to write because all i needed to say I said on the UCAS ps. Anyhows I am guessing you lot should be getting yours soon. Did you get interview invited aswell 'mrbob'

ReputationRep:
    nahh i aint heard nothing. Im an international student tho so i dunno wats gna happen, i thought theyd atleast ask for a portfolio by now tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrbob)
    nahh i aint heard nothing. Im an international student tho so i dunno wats gna happen, i thought theyd atleast ask for a portfolio by now tho.
    Don't worry - I know plenty of people who received their offers way later than now when I applied.

ReputationRep:
    oh right. thanks!

ReputationRep:
    still waiting for law, anybody got any information on this?

ReputationRep:
    still waiting for econ + stats, sent my application October 5

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing for V100 history - anyone else?
    Yep - I've heard nothing - but I applied for deferral - all of my friends who applied straight have had interviews at UCL but no-one has heard for deferrals yet.

Did you apply straight or deferred?

ReputationRep:
    not quite sure. I am applying for the same as you, and i have heard nadda!! just have to wait and see. I have seen people on the TSR who have been offered A place for Law without interview. So just wait and see thats all that i can advise!

ReputationRep:
    I applied straight, I haven't even had an interview. Does that bode well?
    To be honest - UCL will have to let you know either way - some people get offers without interviews, and don't forget the interviews come in batches - one batch has finished but there are still many that haven't heard anything - that doesn't mean anything, just means you'll be in the next batch.
    I had my Kings interview in November - one of my friends had hers last week! - They just spread them out.
    Plus, UCL Humanities is notoriously slow so don't worry.

If anything, it'll be a bonus as you can ask your friends who've already had interviews what they asked/format etc. - i.e. get a peek into what to prepare.

ReputationRep:
    thats very true

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.