Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to Think Optimistically? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Dear all,
    I don't have confidence in myself, and I also think pessimistically.
    I want to be more optimistic.
    Give me some suggestions, please.

ReputationRep:
    See if there's any self help books or anything which mentions CBT. I was taught the basics and learnt to block out and/or brush off negative thoughts and focus on the positive. It's not that easy though and does take time.

ReputationRep:
    Try to clear those negative thoughts from your mind.
    Do some Yoga, but really, it could be very helpfull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    See if there's any self help books or anything which mentions CBT. I was taught the basics and learnt to block out and/or brush off negative thoughts and focus on the positive. It's not that easy though and does take time.
    Like the name of book " the secret"? sorry, what is "CBT"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bemishu)
    Try to clear those negative thoughts from your mind.
    Do some Yoga, but really, it could be very helpfull.
    wow!Yoga, souds good idea
    Do you get some helps from Yoga?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colaco)
    Like the name of book " the secret"? sorry, what is "CBT"?
    I don't know any books, sorry. CBT is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.

ReputationRep:
    Until I took up Drama (and by extension, acting) I tended to be a really shy person that just plodded through life. Now I'm in year 13 and have an active life in acting I'm way more sociable, optimistic and confident in myself. You look the way you look, and you are who you are. Nothing is going to change that, just accept yourself because if you don't, how do you expect other people to? Life's too good to waste on wondering "what if?..." just go with the flow, let loose and just be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_dru)
    I don't know any books, sorry. CBT is Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
    um, Could you tell me more imformation for CBT? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayn)
    Until I took up Drama (and by extension, acting) I tended to be a really shy person that just plodded through life. Now I'm in year 13 and have an active life in acting I'm way more sociable, optimistic and confident in myself. You look the way you look, and you are who you are. Nothing is going to change that, just accept yourself because if you don't, how do you expect other people to? Life's too good to waste on wondering "what if?..." just go with the flow, let loose and just be yourself.

wow, thank for your advice. I will try it, and you too. I hope you wii keep going
    nice

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.