Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I Feel Ostracized By Everyone watch

I'm currently in my first year at sixth form college and I can honestly say that I have never felt so isolated and alone before. I've been at the school for around five years and in those five years I have lost two best friends and the respect of a whole bunch of other people. For some reason, I seem to just push people away from me, I've lost so many people as friends. I don't know why, but there are some extremely *****y girls at my school. If I say one thing, it will be twisted and made to appear *****y and then spread around to the school so that when I return the next day, no-one is talking to me. There is this one other girl whom I loathe. She lives for arguments and fall-outs within people. She loves causing problems between friends and annoys the **** out of me. To make matters worse, she has a lot more friends to back her up then I do, so its not as if everyone else notices how much of a mean bully she is. I feel so alone, everyday I spend my days alone, at lunch, at break, I sit alone on the coach on every school trip we go to. I've been thinking about transferring to another sixth form college to continue with my A-levels in Year 13, does anyone know how this will work? I'm used to being alone but now I feel as though I have no-one to support me or turn to.

I'm sorry, I have no advice for you.

Except, please paragraph.

Just don't say anything that couldn't considered be nice about someone ever again. Keep anything that could be interpreted the wrong way, or is just straight-out mean in your head (how am I considered one of the nicest people in my group of friends? Just this).

You have to take some things into consideration - is it really worth transferring? Would the other sixth form have the same teaching standard, do they use the same exam boards? I'll be honest, if it was me in this situation I think I'd just stick it out and remain solitary until uni. I don't see my friends much due to timetable differences, so I'm solitary the majority of the time (and doing work because of it, so it could be considered a good thing). If I have lunch then I have it alone too, sneaked under a textbook in the library
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.