• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Hello,

I'm a Biology PhD student due to start in October 2011 at Barts and the London. I've sort of started looking for accommodation because I've heard different things about when is a good time to start looking. People have told me not to look till 8 weeks before I want to move in (mid-September) but others have told me to start looking now or all the good places will be taken.

Anyway, I almost got scammed (something to do with Western Union money transfers) which has shaken me some. I was wondering if anyone had any experiences to share?

Also, is anyone also looking for accommodation at the moment-anyone willing to team up with me for a flatshare? PM me!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a similar situation of not knowing about accommodation and suspicious of a lot of the ads I see on housing sites.

Here is what I'm looking for:

I'm a married UCL MA history of art student (2011/12). I am interested in finding a flatshare within 20-25 minutes of UCL for Mid september 2011 through september 2012. My husband and I are both American and he will be working (hopefully) while I am taking courses. We are friendly, laid back people. We enjoy traveling and eating out, concerts, art, etc. but studies are the priority so housing with another like-minded couple or individual would be ideal. We generally lead a fairly quiet life, not going out all the time.

We are Americans so it is hard to find a good apartment option from here. Someone already living in London who has suitable space or can look for a good flat to share would be best.

Or if you just have any good advice...welcome

ReputationRep:
    The ads on housing websites are useful to give you some idea about what kind of houses/flats (new, old, refurbished, views, etc) you should expect to find in which area, and in which price range. Nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be in the same boat re: london accommodation. What are the most useful sites to look for potential flats, houses etc.?

ReputationRep:
    University of London Housing services

Gumtree

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.