Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised that so many people have said Magdalen. I would say Christ Church or possibly New College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EdmundB)
    Will everyone in your work of fiction be attending Formal Hall in black tie every night, staying up until the early hours quaffing champagne (except on those occasions when they have to go to the races the next morning), punting and eating quails' eggs?
    Plover's eggs, surely?

Quail eggs are so.... common. :hat:

ReputationRep:
    Haha
    Magdelen, Oriel (T'Oriel), Brasenose, Christ Church
    <3 x
    p.s. I would laugh so hard if you were actually the opposite of this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Fisher)
    I'm surprised people think Magdalen. Madg is a bit too intellectual.

I would have gone with New. It's not quite the boring old usual answer of ChCh, but still has a lot of those types I think. I think if this person was a man the answer might more likely be ChCh, but as a female I think New edges it.

Toriel wasn't a bad nod actually. I can see that.

Brasenose was a good one to raise, but I feel Brasenose is, exactly as someone said, a rah college. This fictional girl sounds a cut above rah to me. Most rahs have no connections to the aristocracy. They are well off but rarely from the 'old' kind of family being mentioned here. In my experience they're actually rather nouveau riche, if that even, simply middle class and 'comfortable'. This girl, as I picture her, is too horsey and distinguished to be seen on High St in pajama bottoms and a hoody. That's what Brasenose rah girls do best as far as I can tell!

So I would advance Exeter as a third and final alternative to the slightly tawdry ChCh option. If it's for a work of literature, your mission is to be a little fresh and frankly ChCh was done in Brideshead as we all know. Exeter has a noticeable cohort of wealthy, more classy people.
    Bingo. Rahism is social insecurity distilled.

ReputationRep:
    St. Benet's.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.