Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Ask SummerSofas- men and women welcome to ask me any fitness related questions :) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've recently reached what you might call "Beast Of The Gym" status where i train, and at 95 kg's of solid muscle I might be considered an inspiration.

It's not just bodybuilder muscle either, I'm genuinelly strong, capable of bench pressing 115 kg + and showing no signs of slowing down.

Anyone have a question for me?

ReputationRep:
    Can I sit on your chest?

ReputationRep:
    At any point did you happen to drop that 115kg on your head? It would explain a lot..

ReputationRep:
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm fairly skinny and just getting into weight lifting and exercising recently.
    I've started eating a lot more proteins and more food in general.

Now all I need to know is which exercises would be the best for gaining mass as fast as possible, which will make my arms get more muscly quicker than other exercises?

And is lifting heaviest weights possible better for gaining bulk, or is there a certain percentage of the heaviest you can lift that I should aim to lift for a certain number of reps? E.g. If heaviest I can lift is 100kg then should I aim to lift 90, 80, 70...?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSofas)
    Hi,

I've recently reached what you might call "Beast Of The Gym" status where i train, and at 95 kg's of solid muscle I might be considered an inspiration.

It's not just bodybuilder muscle either, I'm genuinelly strong, capable of bench pressing 115 kg + and showing no signs of slowing down.

I just think it's sad you genuinely think 115kg is impressive!

ReputationRep:
    How does one become the beast of the gym?

ReputationRep:
    is **** milk a good source of protein? some people say it is but im reluctant to try it.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't Powerlifter already have a thread for this? No point having another when Powerlifter is almost certainly more qualified to answer questions on the subject than you.

ReputationRep:
    How should I respond if someone tells me not to drop my beastly 140 kg deadlift on the floor?

ReputationRep:
    How come you never told anyone about how your daddy used to touch you?

ReputationRep:
    95kg of pure muscle huh?

Does that make you a 95kg penis? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gibby183)
    Hi, I'm fairly skinny and just getting into weight lifting and exercising recently.
    I've started eating a lot more proteins and more food in general.

Now all I need to know is which exercises would be the best for gaining mass as fast as possible, which will make my arms get more muscly quicker than other exercises?

And is lifting heaviest weights possible better for gaining bulk, or is there a certain percentage of the heaviest you can lift that I should aim to lift for a certain number of reps? E.g. If heaviest I can lift is 100kg then should I aim to lift 90, 80, 70...?

Thanks
    your best bet is big compound lifts, if you want big arms then do deadlifts and squats as well! your arms will never reach their full size without working your legs!

if you want to go for size do 3 sets of 8 reps, using the heaviest weight possible to bang 8 reps from!

if you really want those big arms, pull ups and tricep dips are your friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Troll Toll)
    How should I respond if someone tells me not to drop my beastly 140 kg deadlift on the floor?
    ask them to deadlift 140 kg without dropping it on the floor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megaloblastic)
    How does one become the beast of the gym?
    Being the Beast Of The Gym, is as much a mental state as a physical one, you must walk into the gym with your head held high, in the knowledge that you are the best. Those few people who do lift more than you are either larger than you, have been training longer than you, or are older than you.

There is seldom more frustration than when people don't see your lifts, therefore you must let deadlifts come down with a bang, squats you must scream, huff and puff on. As for bench press, you leave the weight on the bar so that the next guy can feel all inferior when he has to take the plates off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerSofas)
    Hi,

Please list your full diet, with schedule of eating and when you work out. I need inspiration and tips. List how much it all costs too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    Doesn't Powerlifter already have a thread for this? No point having another when Powerlifter is almost certainly more qualified to answer questions on the subject than you.
    yeah, but this thread is fun!

ReputationRep:
    This just screams that you have a tiny penis... like all your other threads about 'GRRRRRR, I am a man, gym, muscles, GRRRRR'.
    How do you feel about this??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilage_idoit)
    Please list your full diet, with schedule of eating and when you work out. I need inspiration and tips. List how much it all costs too.
    wake up: 6 weetabix
    1 hour later: workout
    post workout: banna +shake
    lunch: 100 gram bowl of pasta and 250 gr chicken with milk
    mid afternoon: protein shake with milk+ 1 egg on 1 toast
    dinner: 100 gram pasta + tin tuna
    later evening: 2 x toast + cottage cheese 300 gram
    before bed: 200 gram yohgurt + milk + peanut butter + protein shake

(4 pints semi milk in the day)

cost £40-50 a week

ReputationRep:
    I need to create a full weight training schedule, starting with whole body strength, then maximal strength, then endurance/strength, then strength/power... for a track runner. Can you help? I can PM you the details.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.