Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Just wondering, when it comes to providing your household income, does it mean both your parent and step-parents income added together or just the parent.

In my situation I'll be putting my mum's household income (as I live mostly with her), however she has remarried so does the household income involve both my mums income and my step-dads.

My mum says it only goes by her income and to ignore my stepdads but I'm not too sure...this is what she was told by a friend..

Thanks for any help

ReputationRep:
    mum and step dad's income are counted - it is the household income.
    Your mother's friend is an utter idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Thought so..
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Household income = parent you live with & their partner.

Your dad is off the hook, but your stepdad has to provide his info. I had days worth of arguments about this with my stepdad because they split their finances mum = pays for kids & food, stepdad = bills & car, so he didn't think he should be involved in our finances.

He was wrong.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.