Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long do you wait after drinking to drive? Watch

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    depends i would say. i know of some people who regularly go out drinking for hours during the weekend and then will drive to a nearby village at 8am - and they're definitely in no fit state to drive. 12 hours should be ok, i woulf think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tikkitak)
    No, in the morning you just don't drive home. You get a lift from someone who hasn't been drinking/bus/taxi.
    Just because you think you're sober doesn't mean you are. Why risk other peoples lives?
    Although I do agree that 24 hours is a little excessive, but then it really depends on how much alcohol you've had.
    Someone mentioned one unit for one hour and then said a pint of beer is 3 units. If someone had a heavy night out and had 8-10 beers or some double spirits, you could easily be looking at 30+ units on a night out which made me say 24-48 hours. I regularly drive home at about the lunchtime of the next day and feel absolutely fine after a big night out.

ReputationRep:
    after a heavy night out i'd normally say 3 or 4 in the afternoon?

ReputationRep:
    I went out last night and didn't get home till almost 5am and woke up at 8 to go to the gym before starting college at 11. I was considering running to the gym but I was too tired when I woke up. I didn't feel severely hungover and I hadn't drank last night since 3am and before that I only had 6 pints of beer over the course of a few hours which isn't a lot considering my size, but I felt really shakey driving this morning until I had been in the steam room and been shocked out of my hangover. I had to actively think about everything I was doing and concentrate on each situation. I found myself to be speeding and misjudging my position on the road. Probably a combination of alcohol and >3 hours sleep, but I won't be driving that early after drinking again, had I not already set off and being a bit behind schedule, I would have taken my car back home and went to the gym on foot. I usually bake in bed all day after drinking so don't drive, or if I go out I get a taxi so don't need to drive back in the morning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.