Turn on thread page Beta

Which university has the most arrogant students? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itzme)
    I think some academics at the LSE are quite arrogant. I am thinking of one in particular who implicitely said I was not good enough for the LSE. I am a very sensitive person, so I felt so upset and no longer considered the LSE as an option.
    I think some LSE students also are arrogant (or proud?). I know they have reason to be proud, but it just makes everyone else feel down (I know I am not LSE calibre, but why rub it in my face that you are studying there?)
    Can you tell what they explicity said? This isn't particularly relevant to the thread, but if they said something like "It's a very competitive course" or "People who don't have 3As tend to be automatically rejected"- then I think you need to recognise your own sensitivity; and I doubt a tutor at an open day would be cruel exactly.

I was being quite light-hearted about LSE. There is a bit of a culture of being interested in what internships you have, what bank you're going to go work for etc. so that probably leads to some snobbery.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.