Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or is this a sign of cracks in a relationship?

Whilst the couple are pretty rich, so they can probably afford to have millions of cakes, the bride wants a massive cake designed with mood boards, but the groom seems to be digging his heels in and wants a simple unbaked (raw? ) chocolate cake. If you really wanted a certain cake at your wedding, but your fiance(e) demanded another, completely different one, how would you feel?

If you were a guest at such a wedding, knowing the bride and groom were quibbling over something like the cake, what would you think? It wouldn't be a big enough reason to not turn up to the wedding, but it wouldn't bode well, surely?

ReputationRep:
    WOW.

You're reading too much into an issue, about a wedding that literally no one (or the majority) cares about.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you even worrying about this?!

And stop overanalysing. Maybe chocolate cake can't be used as the official cake in a big-scale wedding, considering that it's going to be quite a traditional affair. Not really our business, is it?

Unless you'r planning on going after him yourself.

ReputationRep:
    This is the most pointless thread I've read in a long time. And being TSR, thats really saying something.

ReputationRep:
    Surely marriage is about compromise and having two cakes is a really good compromise because both people get what they want...

ReputationRep:
    What the ... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    If you are arguing over cake id prob re-evaluate the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    Surely marriage is about compromise and having two cakes is a really good compromise because both people get what they want...
    basically this.:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I say the more cakes the better:yum:

ReputationRep:
    also erm the article doesn't mention any "quibbling" it says there will be two cakes then talks about the cakes

ReputationRep:
    I really think that the tiered cake will be the wedding cake, and Prince William's childhood favourite will be separate.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My sister had 2 cakes. One was normal and the other was Free From.

ReputationRep:
    Hell I'd have 10 cakes at my wedding.

ReputationRep:
    I think if I got married Id like 3 cakes, a proper wedding cake, a cake I actually like and a cake of the grooms choosing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchild007)
    WOW.

You're reading too much into an issue, about a wedding that literally no one (or the majority) cares about.
    I'm not asking only about that wedding, just using it as an example.

(Original post by SmallTownGirl)
    That's not a compromise, it's splashing out. If I want a pepperoni pizza and my friend wants a mushroom pizza, to compromise would be to have half and half, not buy two pizzas.

ReputationRep:
    This bothered you enough to make a thread about it? Wow....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopple)
    I'm not asking only about that wedding, just using it as an example.

That's not a compromise, it's splashing out. If I want a pepperoni pizza and my friend wants a mushroom pizza, to compromise would be to have half and half, not buy two pizzas.
    buying two pizzas instead would still be a compromise just not the one you would prefer...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.