Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm in the process of applying for Freshfields. They have a section for prizes/scholarships awarded and one for an 850 word personal statement. I have two questions: -

(1) Does the prizes/awards/scholarships question apply purely to academia?
    (2) Should the personal statement be structured like a covering letter? I know this may sound silly but they don't have a contact addressee listed so I assume that they just want the core details?

Has anyone else applied for Freshfields and can offer any advice?

Thank you.

HKF.

ReputationRep:
    I structured mine for a VS application last year like a covering letter - so put in things like why law, what experience I had, other activities etc. I used the same template for covering letters for other firms. In terms of the prizes, look at the response in the main TC apps thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *soph*)
    I structured mine for a VS application last year like a covering letter - so put in things like why law, what experience I had, other activities etc. I used the same template for covering letters for other firms. In terms of the prizes, look at the response in the main TC apps thread.
    Thanks - did you address it to anyone? And put your details in the top left/right hand corner? Or just include the core content?

Thanks for the help

HKF.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Did a winter workshop couple of years ago which had similar open ended requirement.

Structure was: academics (not required in your case), why law & why not alternatives I'd considered, why commercial law, why Freshfields in particular. Evidenced the whole thing with extra curriculars, work experience, people I'd met, peppered throughout.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I didn't put any address details, just typed it like a personal statement.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.