Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, I'm freaking out right now and its all my fault. I've been on the pill for a good three years and normally remember to take it every day. However this weekend has been a bit crazy and I forgot to take the pill on saturday. This wouldn't have been too much of an issue if I didn't have sex on sunday (early hours of the morning). Worst part, some of it was unprotected. Me and my boyfriend were wasted and it only dawned on me today. I took both pills (saturdays and todays) about an hour ago but obviously I'm scared as hell about having unprotected sex! I know its my own stupid fault so please dont post nasty comments I need genuine advice about what to do. I know its my own fault if I have managed to become pregnant from this one time but what do I do?! Do I get the morning after pill? Do I go to the doctors? I don't know how long I have to wait before I can be sure whether I'm fine or have managed to get myself knocked up from this so please any advice would be really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    What pill are you on? With Microgynon you can forget one or two in a row and you're pretty much fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine, unless you were ovulating I'm 99.9% certain you'll be ok (unless he's got an STI, which I'm guessing is also very unlikely - but just in case you may want to have a few tests done)

ReputationRep:
    If you're on Mercilon you can miss a day and it's okay . If you're worried then I'd go get the M-A pill though... just to be sure

ReputationRep:
    Go to the doctors, search online help, and jesus, are you meant to be allowed to take more then 2 days pill in 1 day?

And I don't know how OK it is, but i'd always be extra safe and take the morning after pill anyway, even if your on the pill; double check that mind, might **** you up in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure its fine but if i were you I'd go get the MA pill just in case. At least it will put your mind at rest

ReputationRep:
    Best bet, is to go right now to a pharmacy. They have to ask you questions before they can give you the M.A.P so go now and get it sorted

ReputationRep:
    How long did you go without taking one? Was it more than 48 hours? I thought you were absolute fine to go to 36 hours without one, and you could still 'catch up' by taking both the day after the missed one?

You'll probably be fine but if you panic that much then you may as well go and ask about the morning after pill, stress will only cause your period to be late and that really will worry you!

ReputationRep:
    You should be fine. Like someone already said, unless a woman is ovulating, it's not always that easy to get pregnant. And a morning after pill is really only about a double dose of the pill you already take. So if you took saterday's pill with today's, it's pretty much the same dosage. If you're worried about sti's maybe get that checked.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. on the less strict pills like microgynon it's fine if you miss two days in a row, but even on the stricter one's like citrazine i've missed a day and it's fine.
    Just to be sure, I'd go to your doctor and get the morning after pill.
    Just try not to worry about it too much xxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.