Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Suggestions for summer face make-up? Tinted moisurisers etc..what do you use? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a tinted moisturiser or light foundation that i can wear over summer, preferably with a SPF 15 or 20. Nothing too heavy, but something that evens skin tone and hides blemishes.

What do you use? Can you recommend anything?

I did have a lovely AVON one a few years ago, but they don't seem to have anything similar on their site now (with a good review, anyway!!)

Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    I've used this one:

http://www.vieathome.com/shop/produc...&level2Id=1072

It wasn't brilliant coverage for me - I have spotty skin - but the tint was quite nice, smooth and a natural looking colour. Sadly it's not easy so easy to try one as buying one in a shop would be... guess it depends where you live?

ReputationRep:
    I got mine from superdrug but I cant remember what the make is. I really liked it especially for summer!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to give Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturiser a go this summer. It looks really light but also carries 15spf.

I'll probably be buying mine online though, the thought of actually having to ask for 'elizabeth arden pure finish mineral tinted moisturiser' actually breaks me out in a cold sweat! Bit of a mouthful.

ReputationRep:
    The Laura Mercier one seems to be raved about a bit, but it's a bit pricey!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    I'm looking for a tinted moisturiser or light foundation that i can wear over summer, preferably with a SPF 15 or 20. Nothing too heavy, but something that evens skin tone and hides blemishes.

What do you use? Can you recommend anything?

I did have a lovely AVON one a few years ago, but they don't seem to have anything similar on their site now (with a good review, anyway!!)

Thanks for the help
    Mac face and body! I'll copy and paste my review from the other thread..."holy grail products..."

It really doesnt look like you are wearing anything. It evens skin tone, and is buildable. I prefer using one layer and using concealer for blemishes.

Mac face and body foundation: Very sheer but buildable. Like I said, I have hyperpigmentation marks. I hate foundation so used to dot concealer everywhere my marks were but my face seemed to look blotchy because I had so many concealer marks everywhere even when blended in. Because the concealer was fully coverage and the rest of my face obviously isnt one solid colour, my face still didnt look good. I tried tinted moisturisers. They were all crap. Bought this foundation yesterday after researching it and I LOVE it akready. It just doesnt look cakey evern when I build up the coverage. You really have to look up very close for people to see you are wearing foundation and in some lighting you still dont look like you are wearing any! And if you have pretty good skin and add one layer, you wont be able to tell at all. If you have a few marks/spots use concealer and then this over it and your face will have that flawless but "natural" look. You look glowey and you are evened out but NOT masked. I love it.
    If you use tinted moisturisers, this is a MUCH better alternative.
    And, although it is 23.50 which is very expensive, you get 120ml worth! The bottle is massive. That is four times more product than an average foundation so...it works out pretty cheap for a good quality, amazing(iimo!) product.

ReputationRep:
    benefit you rebel tinted moisturiser? comes in a red tube or a yellow one (you rebel lite)

or mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErinLeigh)
    I think I'm going to give Elizabeth Arden's Pure Finish Mineral Tinted Moisturiser a go this summer. It looks really light but also carries 15spf.

I'll probably be buying mine online though, the thought of actually having to ask for 'elizabeth arden pure finish mineral tinted moisturiser' actually breaks me out in a cold sweat! Bit of a mouthful.
    When i buy Elizabeth Arden i tend to just go to the counter and wait until some heavily made-up lady comes to ask if she can help, then i just point and say "what's the lightest shade that comes in?" It beats actually naming the products.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimus777)
    When i buy Elizabeth Arden i tend to just go to the counter and wait until some heavily made-up lady comes to ask if she can help, then i just point and say "what's the lightest shade that comes in?" It beats actually naming the products.
    haha aaah yes, I forgot about the classic "I want that one" head nod and finger point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovefashion90)
    Mac face and body! I'll copy and paste my review from the other thread..."holy grail products..."

It really doesnt look like you are wearing anything. It evens skin tone, and is buildable. I prefer using one layer and using concealer for blemishes.

Mac face and body foundation: Very sheer but buildable. Like I said, I have hyperpigmentation marks. I hate foundation so used to dot concealer everywhere my marks were but my face seemed to look blotchy because I had so many concealer marks everywhere even when blended in. Because the concealer was fully coverage and the rest of my face obviously isnt one solid colour, my face still didnt look good. I tried tinted moisturisers. They were all crap. Bought this foundation yesterday after researching it and I LOVE it akready. It just doesnt look cakey evern when I build up the coverage. You really have to look up very close for people to see you are wearing foundation and in some lighting you still dont look like you are wearing any! And if you have pretty good skin and add one layer, you wont be able to tell at all. If you have a few marks/spots use concealer and then this over it and your face will have that flawless but "natural" look. You look glowey and you are evened out but NOT masked. I love it.
    If you use tinted moisturisers, this is a MUCH better alternative.
    And, although it is 23.50 which is very expensive, you get 120ml worth! The bottle is massive. That is four times more product than an average foundation so...it works out pretty cheap for a good quality, amazing(iimo!) product.
    Does it come with any protection from those pesky rays? I'm terrified of looking like a wicker basket by the time I'm thirty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErinLeigh)
    Does it come with any protection from those pesky rays? I'm terrified of looking like a wicker basket by the time I'm thirty!
    No. Im afraid it doesnt but you could always use one underneath?
    I never use sunscreen Even though Im terrified of wrinkles too. I just hate how greasy they all feel

ReputationRep:
    I want to try Origin's Vitazing since watching TiffanyD's rave review about it: http://makeupbytiffanyd.blogspot.com...t-origins.html

and all the reviews on makeupalley. Trouble is that some people have said that it can be too oily and cause breakouts so I'm gonna try and get a sample and then buy it at the airport next week if I like it.

Will let you all know how it goes!

EDIT: Ahh this is amazing! It hasn't made me break out and I love not wearing foundation. People can't believe that I'm not wearing any. I just use concealer, highlighter, blusher, and eye make up.

ReputationRep:
    I currently use Nivea tinted moisturiser, with a bit of bronzer and blusher. Small bit of mascara and tint my lips - light make up generally because I'm doing work all day and do not want heavy stuff that I have to top up all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I use Laval goldshimmer, only cheap but does the job for me, get it here blush1.com £2.99

ReputationRep:
    I really like E.L.F tinted moisturiser it's great and evens out my skin tone. It's cheap £1.50.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 1, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.