Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you added your parents on Facebook? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you added your parents on Facebook?
    Of course.
    44.00%
    No.
    56.00%

ReputationRep:
    I know, another boring 'Facebook relationships topic'. Personally I haven't. I wanted to get other people's opinions on this. Facebook is very 'private' for me and is generally a place that I do not want my parents involved in knowing what I've been up to. There are several other reasons too that are too lengthy and I'm sure others are probably going to post them themselves.

So, have or haven't you? And why?

Also, would you friend your own future children? (Or have you?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-11968954

ReputationRep:
    Why should I ?

ReputationRep:
    No, just one uncle and a few cousins.

ReputationRep:
    My mum doesnt like the internet. She thinks its evil.

ReputationRep:
    I have my entire family on Facebook. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    My mum tried to add me. I just ignored it.

ReputationRep:
    I have my dad added, but he hasn't posted anything since 2009 and has no idea how it works, so I feel pretty safe in this :awesome:

I do have my aunt added too, which is more of a risky thing considering that she actually uses it pretty often. But she's quite cool (aged 60, and yet she goes out in skinnies and chats up rugby players! Honestly, when you have a bus pass, it's time to stop ) so I doubt that she'd take exception to anything I posted.

ReputationRep:
    Nope thank god. They don't need to see pictures of me passed out on the floor with naughty words written on my face and arms.

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't use facebook (I wouldn't add them if they did... or if they did I'd at least hitch up my privacy settings).. I have an aunt and a couple of cousins atm.. that's about it though
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I have my mum, aunt and 2 sisters on facebook (various privacy settings for them all) and have a request from my stepmum to deal with :sigh:

EDIT: Surprisingly, my mum rarely comments on my stuff - she seems to accept that I don't want comments from her plastered all over my wall and statuses.

ReputationRep:
    Iv got most of my family on my fb. We dont tend to comment on each others wall etc though
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    My parents aren't on Facebook but I def wouldn't add them if they were

ReputationRep:
    I'm friends with them, but they very rarely use it

However, I'm friends with my son's other grandparents so I try not to post anything that could be used against me. It's hard when you're 19 and want to go out and have fun but also don't want to appear as the world's worst dad!

ReputationRep:
    Opps i blocked my uncle and some other relatives

Nah I don't think my mum can handle the babes I bring back to hers... nearly all of them screamers :sexface: so to see whatel ese I get up on FB would kill her :lol:

Dad on the other hand I would add but he doesn't FB or so he says :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've got everyone on there but blocked my wall from them. Every family gathering I get the 3rd degree on why I blocked them from seeing my posts. I say, for people my age it's basically the same as text messages, and I wouldn't let you sit here and look through all my texts and pictures on my phone. My mum actually gets quite pissy about it, but I basically tell her to do one.

ReputationRep:
    I have my Mum on facebook but on a limited profile so she can't really see much!

ReputationRep:
    I'm too cool.

ReputationRep:
    My Mum and Dad (thankfully) don't have facebook. I'd feel rude if I didn't have them as fb friends if they did, but at the same time I wouldn't want them to see my statuses/people's comments etc. Glad I don't have to worry about this!

ReputationRep:
    I added my mum, but then had to delete her. She was rifling through all my drunken photos and videos. She didn't take it to well when i deleted her :/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.