Turn on thread page Beta

Have you added your parents on Facebook? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you added your parents on Facebook?
    Of course.
    44.00%
    No.
    56.00%

ReputationRep:
    I have all of my family on facebook, but have adapted my privacy settings slightly

ReputationRep:
    of course not !!!!!

its my personal facebook and they've known too much about my life =)

Ohh.does anyone get annoyed by random adding ??

ReputationRep:
    no WAY, oh gosh, its bad enough that i have to live with them, they both requested me and i declined outright, but my sister accepted them so i had to delete her and all...

It had to be done.

ReputationRep:
    No and i never will

ReputationRep:
    No, if I did then I will just die from embarrassment or vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    I have my mum on it.
    You know you can just hide stuff you don't want them to see.

ReputationRep:
    No wayyy I would never accept them!
    I don't even accept some relatives anymore, quite a while ago my cousin decided to show my pictures to her mum, dad and a whole load of relatives at a dinner party and the news got around and random aunts and uncles called my mum saying "OMG I saw ALL of Anita's pics on fb!"

ReputationRep:
    Yep.. And my uncles and auntie, and my GRANDMA. Bless her, she doesn't really know how it works. She comments on Friends' posts, thinking she's just commenting in general to me. My friend will wall-me saying "What you doing tonight?" and will receive a lovely comment from Elaine saying "Hello Chloe, it's me, Nan!!!!".

Hahahahah.

ReputationRep:
    I have my mum since she was the one who made me join in the first place, and the only reason why I don't have my dad on there is because he's not remotely interested in Facebook (I have my stepmum, though). I don't do anything embarrassing, so it's not really an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Someone actually liked this on facebook :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have both my parents added. My mum has more embarassing photos of her than I have of me so I don't worry too much about that. I tend to keep my facebook fairly impersonal though.

ReputationRep:
    Hell no! I need a filter between my personal life and my parents as they are VERY opinionated ... an over-the-phone relationship works just fine for me

ReputationRep:
    I did have my mum on it for a bit but deleted her not long after as she had to question every little thing I said or someone said, what I liked etc.

Lol at her face when I said I blocked her completely :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    No my mum has tried to add me the first time I tokd her I just on it for my friends and I said I'm not adding parents. Then she added me again I've just left it hanging. I'm not adding my parents on facebook not that I have anything to hide , they'd be looking on your page . My dad doesn't want me added to his facebook so thats good. I do have cousins , aunts and uncles added though. I don't see the need to add parents if your living under the same roof what more do they need.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't and do not plan to. I have a friend who does however, and on every one of his statuses his mum always makes typical unfunny 'mum' comments ("Aww I love you dear" or something along those lines). I'm told he finds it really embarrassing, but thinks it's rude to de-friend her. To him it's analogous to inviting his mother to a large conversation with his friends, kind of annoying.

I guess I feel the same way in some respects. When my brother discovered I hadn't added my mum, he had the audacity to call me callous and that I apparently 'didn't want to be recognised as part of the family' - it's nothing like that at all.

ReputationRep:
    I have, but i've blocked her from seeing my wall, pictures, tagged vids and pics

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but i haven't bothered to block them or anything. I don't tend to do anything too embarrassing though, so it's usually fine.
    Having said that, i'm regretting adding them in the first place, but i don't want to deal with the furore that would result from removing them (My mum, 2 sisters).

ReputationRep:
    I added my mum and dad...they BOTH rejected me! :confused:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2011
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.