The Student Room Group

Skype Language Learning Society!

Scroll to see replies

Btw I live in 25 minutes walk from this place.
http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/657
Reply 241
Im looking for someone who can help me practice French and/or Spanish at Scottish Higher level (roughly AS level). Alot of patience required haha.

Just looking for someone to chat with and get a bit more confident just generally chatting and using the language and whatever, not any paticular practice for a paticular exam or anything. Thank very much anyone who replies and is willing to help :smile: :smile:
Reply 242
Original post by Kerrias
Im looking for someone who can help me practice French and/or Spanish at Scottish Higher level (roughly AS level). Alot of patience required haha.

Just looking for someone to chat with and get a bit more confident just generally chatting and using the language and whatever, not any paticular practice for a paticular exam or anything. Thank very much anyone who replies and is willing to help :smile: :smile:

Original post by Paul PTS
So, I offer science barter. I may teach you some Russian phrases, you may need travelling on your own somewhere at former USSR territories. In return I would like to make with you small educational videos, which will promote my blog, where I'll open your countrymen eyes on some interesting aspects of tourism at Russia, on the example of Moscow and my town. I mean I plan to write - how much does a tourist spend as average, and how much does the tour-operator earns, and how much does it cost in reality. :tongue: My goal is to prove that one Ph.D lawyer (as I plan to become in nearby future) alone can provide all the work of the whole tour-operator firm, so there will be no need to finance all their stuff.
Certainly people who will take part in this educational experiment will get interesting opportunities for the next summer. I'll describe what do I mean during Skype connections. :wink:

Original post by Quentina
Anyone feel like chatting in French/German/Mandarin with me? All AS/A2 (although my Mandarin is abysmal!)

This sort of thing is for the "chat" thread, this thread (the one you're on) is for signing up ^_^ Thanks!
Reply 243
Hello! Sorry if this is done incorrectly (I've only just started using TSR) but I'd like to sign up to this!

I'm doing French at GCSE level and I'm in year 11 now.

I'm also interested in learning Welsh. Currently I'm at a very basic level, but would love for someone to teach me more.
Can I just say I think this is such a good idea!

French - studying at uni., final year (achieved a grade A in my A level).
Spanish - studying at uni., final year but started it at uni. (not post-A level as I did with French) and level is not as high as French. Working on both European/ Latin American varieties as part of degree, spent year abroad in Mexico but still probably know more of the European dialect!
Italian - studying at uni., final year, but didn't go to Italy for year abroad so haven't worked on it much for a year. Also started it when I started uni. It is definitely my weakest language and the one I need to work on the most!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 245
Original post by BarneyArr
Hello! Sorry if this is done incorrectly (I've only just started using TSR) but I'd like to sign up to this!

I'm doing French at GCSE level and I'm in year 11 now.

I'm also interested in learning Welsh. Currently I'm at a very basic level, but would love for someone to teach me more.

Cool, I don't think we have welsh yet so I'll a section for you ^_^ I'll add you now :smile: Sorry for being late - just started uni last week and it's a bit hectic hahah!

Original post by quiet_riot

Spanish - studying at uni., final year but started it at uni. (not post-A level as I did with French) and level is not as high as French. Working on both European/ Latin American varieties as part of degree, spent year abroad in Mexico but still probably know more of the European dialect!
Italian - studying at uni., final year, but didn't go to Italy for year abroad so haven't worked on it much for a year. Also started it when I started uni. It is definitely my weakest language and the one I need to work on the most!

So I'll add you as final year french, quite advance, spanish - intermediate (?) and italian studied at uni for 2 years and want more practice? I don't know how best to phrase it. If that sounds about right I'll post that but if you can think of something more succint or a bit better explained then I'll put that instead :smile:
You can add me to the list. I'm a final-year undergrad.

Mexican Spanish (fluent; lived there)
French (undergrad, but rusty and slightly Spanishified!)
German (likewise)
Original post by quiet_riot

Sorry to hijack thread, but where in Mexico did you go?! :biggrin:
Original post by emzaz

I am v. happy to help out with anyone wanting to practice their spanish! I'm from Panama btw. x
I'm now doing Spanish a2, hoping to do it at uni. got a b in my spanish AS , thanks for ur help:smile: anymore is great
Reply 250
Original post by Lomo_gurl
I am v. happy to help out with anyone wanting to practice their spanish! I'm from Panama btw. x

Original post by rachbeanz
I'm now doing Spanish a2, hoping to do it at uni. got a b in my spanish AS , thanks for ur help:smile: anymore is great

Original post by jonnythemoose
You can add me to the list. I'm a final-year undergrad.

Mexican Spanish (fluent; lived there)
French (undergrad, but rusty and slightly Spanishified!)
German (likewise)

You've all been added :smile: Enjoy!
Reply 251
Portuguese, French or Spanish anyone?
Ideally would like to practice with someone fluent or advanced in Spanish, I'm just about post A-level standard.
Can you add me to German please (university graduate), I need to speak German more regularly because I'm not speaking it enough at work and I hate it.
Reply 253
Original post by abc:)
Portuguese, French or Spanish anyone?
Ideally would like to practice with someone fluent or advanced in Spanish, I'm just about post A-level standard.

Hello ^_^ There is a chat thread for this kinda thing -> Chat Thread for Skype Learningnessssss ^_^

Original post by KatieKate
European Spanish - A2
French French - A2
Got A in both for AS levels and predicted the same for A2.

Hopefully studying both at uni 2012 (:

I'll add you now :smile:
Original post by hannah_dru
Can you add me to German please (university graduate), I need to speak German more regularly because I'm not speaking it enough at work and I hate it.

Will do!
Reply 254
Hey can I be added to the list too?

My French is probably at B2 level & I'm hoping to study it at uni. So I'm looking for anyone French to practice my French with!
Could I be added for Hungarian please? A1 level right now, self-teaching. I'm hoping to find someone with whom I can practice what I've learned and see if I'm on the right lines so far.

Willing to help people with English, fluent.
Reply 256
Please could I be added to the French list? Currently studying at A2 but also re-doing AS after getting a B (need to boost it up to an A to give me the best possible chance as I'm studying it at Uni!).
Reply 257
Original post by DannyW94
Please could I be added to the French list? Currently studying at A2 but also re-doing AS after getting a B (need to boost it up to an A to give me the best possible chance as I'm studying it at Uni!).

Hi, yeah that's fine :smile:

Original post by TheQuietOne
Could I be added for Hungarian please? A1 level right now, self-teaching. I'm hoping to find someone with whom I can practice what I've learned and see if I'm on the right lines so far.

Willing to help people with English, fluent.

Will add you now :smile:
Could I be added to the Spanish list please? I will be re-taking all Spanish AS modules this year and will be sitting A2 in the summer
Reply 259
Could I be added to the French, German and Spanish lists please? I'm studying the three languages at university and would be willing to provide help.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending