Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    My boyfriend and I want to go on a nice week-long holiday sometime in late summer. The only problem is we can't decide on where to go!
    We want to go somewhere with a beach so we can just relax but I also want to explore a city and have some nice bars and restaurants to go to.
    Any ideas??!?
    Thanks!

Oh and can't afford uber expensive places.. I mean can't go to Zanzibar or Maldives.. Preferably somewhere in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    Malaysia.

ReputationRep:
    BUMP!

ReputationRep:
    Fuerteventura (or the other Canaries but I often find Fuerteventura is a little cheaper and quieter), Turkey, Greek islands, Balearic Islands, Bulgaria, Croatia.... there's quite a lot of choice really.

ReputationRep:
    you might get more informed answers if you post this in the travel forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobananas)
    Hey guys,
    My boyfriend and I want to go on a nice week-long holiday sometime in late summer. The only problem is we can't decide on where to go!
    We want to go somewhere with a beach so we can just relax but I also want to explore a city and have some nice bars and restaurants to go to.
    Any ideas??!?
    Thanks!

Oh and can't afford uber expensive places.. I mean can't go to Zanzibar or Maldives.. Preferably somewhere in Europe.
    - If you want it really cheap, try the good old Blackpool. It's got a wheel near the Beach as well. Amazing stuff
    - Ok if you can afford a little more expensive then try Torquay
    - If you don't want to be in the UK try Greece. It's not that expensive and it's lovely
    - Tenerife is amazing. I loved it.
    - Turkey isn't bad either (e.g. antalia)

have funn

ReputationRep:
    I went to Nice with my boyfriend last summer for a week. Lots of places to explore and if you stay on the Promenade de Anglais then you're right on top of the beaches and only a short 10 minute walk to the centre of historic Nice. You can get the train the Monaco and explore the south coast of France with some lovely beaches. Plus side as well it only costs €1 on the bus to anywhere within the Nice region The whole trip cost us £190 excluding spending money and this was going at the start of June. If not Nice I'd suggest Barcelona which has some lovely beaches right next to the city!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't been myself, but I think Barcelona would have everything your looking for.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Barcelona, I went there last June for 4 days and had an amazing time, so much to see and do and if you can i'd try find a hotel around Las Ramblas.

ReputationRep:
    Spain is the obvious choice - a lot of things to do, plenty of beaches to relax on, doesn't count much either.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Barcelona in January and the city is nice enough (we didn't get to see most of the touristy places as they were all having work done, so covered up with scaffolding ) but it was very expensive, is the main spot in the world for pick-pocketers I believe, the taxi drivers really took the piss with giving us the run around and over-charging, there is a huge amount of beggars and people trying to sell you stuff/bothering you for money - we sat outside one restaurant for a meal and there wasn't 5 minutes without someone trying to sell us roses or stupid light up glasses or some other rubbish - it really ruined it for us. We also noticed a large drugs and prostitution problem. Fair enough you getthis in a lot of big cities but it seemed a whole lot worse in Barcelona than anywhere else I have ever been and totally put me off ever going back again.

ReputationRep:
    Spain sounds like a nice choice, if not Barcelona, I would suggest trying the South.

Seville is a beautiful city, with tons of sights to see. Then you could go to Huelva to see natural parks, and for beaches you have Huelva, Cádiz, Málaga, Almería...

Beautiful, totally worth it. : )

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snowcloud)
    I went to Nice with my boyfriend last summer for a week. Lots of places to explore and if you stay on the Promenade de Anglais then you're right on top of the beaches and only a short 10 minute walk to the centre of historic Nice. You can get the train the Monaco and explore the south coast of France with some lovely beaches. Plus side as well it only costs €1 on the bus to anywhere within the Nice region The whole trip cost us £190 excluding spending money and this was going at the start of June. If not Nice I'd suggest Barcelona which has some lovely beaches right next to the city!
    how did you book your holiday? I can only find extremely expensive places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia(:)
    you might get more informed answers if you post this in the travel forum.
    got it moved. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gobananas)
    how did you book your holiday? I can only find extremely expensive places
    You have to do it all independently, we got easyjet flights to Nice airport for about £60 return and then found an apartment on a french holiday website called abritel for £130 each for the week It's taken me years to get holidays for so cheap though but it is completely do-able!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    greece? my boyf and i decided to go to skiathos this year :woo: can't wait.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.