Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if i've posted this in the right place but here we go.

So i've got conditionals to study marketing in 2011 from Durham & Newcastle. I need ABB for Durham and AAB for Newcastle.
    I really don't know which to choose though...
    Here's what I'm thinking about both:

Durham pros
    Love the college system, its so cute
    They're really into sport and i love sport!
    It's easier to get into than Newcastle
    It's a better uni than newcaslte and more prestigous (I think)
    It's more of a community and you get to know everyone as its smaller

Durham cons
    Its on the queens campus based in stockton...
    Poor nightlife and I really really love to go out..
    I dont think i'll be able to meet as many people at durham than I would newcastle?

Newcastle pros
    The city is amazing for shopping plus going out - i love both!
    Would probably be more fun?
    There's gunna be a new SU I think and loads of other buldings are being re-done, I went to the post applicant day and it seems like a lot of work is being done and will open in sep 2011 which will be good!

Newcastle cons
    Might be a bit overwelming with so many people (but it could be good as i'll meet so many people)
    I wanna go to a lively halls, richardson road looks the best but are they a bit grubby?
    It's harder to get into than Durham

I know lots of the things I've said are probably wrong and are just assumptions as I don't go to either of these universities so people correct me if I'm wrong!
    But if anyone could help it would be much appreciated because I have no idea which one to go for.
    Thanks!

Oh and sorry about the bad spelling...

ReputationRep:
    You'll love it either way.

I'd say Newcastle, but I'm going to be bias since I'm a Newcastle student... who could end up at Queen's next year if Durham ends up being my only offer for medicine.

Edit: I'd say firm Newcastle and put Durham as your insurance. When it comes to results day and you get the grades for Newcastle, you're sorted. If not, there's Durham. Aaand, if you get the grades for Newcastle but aren't so sure, you can ask them to release you and take Durham's offer, I think.

It's been a while since A-Levels, but I'm sure you could do something like that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Durham student, and I think I'd agree most with Tabris. By the sounds of it, the social life is going to be important to you and while Durham is still awesome, I don't actually know anyone from Queen's Campus, or anyone who thinks that Queen's Campus is a good place to be at - I'm assuming they must be big on college life, but it'll be completely different to regularly interacting with all the other colleges as I'm used to.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.