Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In my tutorial questions, I have a question that asks me to set out the law and raise any issues of fact upon which clarification is to be sought.

I'm assuming it means what Laws govern trustees but I don't get the clarification bit?

Also have an essay question to do:
    “It is an inflexible rule of a court of equity that a person in a fiduciary position .... is not, unless expressly provided, entitled to take a profit: he is not allowed to put himself in a position where his interest and duty conflict”

per Lord Herschell in Bray v Ford [1896] AC 44

Any help/advice would be appreciated
    Thanks TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andygcfc)
    In my tutorial questions, I have a question that asks me to set out the law and raise any issues of fact upon which clarification is to be sought.

I'm assuming it means what Laws govern trustees but I don't get the clarification bit?

Also have an essay question to do:
    “It is an inflexible rule of a court of equity that a person in a fiduciary position .... is not, unless expressly provided, entitled to take a profit: he is not allowed to put himself in a position where his interest and duty conflict”

per Lord Herschell in Bray v Ford [1896] AC 44

Any help/advice would be appreciated
    Thanks TSR
    The question wants to you talk about the rule against profits and the rule against conflict - these are the two main features of fiduciary duty. Talk about the cases where the fiduciary has made a profit and has had to account for its entirety and whether it's fair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 2, 2011

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.