A Problem regarding ball mill Watch

This discussion is closed.
rsg2k2
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Sirs,
I m having a problem regarding Ball mill.I need a clearance about it.

The question is I m having a ball mill.Is dia meter is 10cm.With that i m going to use balls of 0.5cm dia.I m having a motor with 4000rpm.Now i want the number of pulleys that i should use to optimize the mill rotating at its 75-80%of its critical speed.

The data I have is
The diameter of the Ball mill-10cm
The diameter of the balls used-0.5cm
The motor speed 4000 rpm

I want to know the diameter of the pulleys which i should be using and the length of the belt also i need.

Please post some regarding replies as soon as possible sir

I ll be more thankfull to u.
rsg2k2
Excuse me sirs,

I m eagerly awaiting ur replies or more details about the problems.Please anybody of u solve or give some useful tips and refrences for this problems sir and i will be more thankfull to u.

Reply soon sirs
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have absolutely no idea. And I'm willing the few members that have been online for the past few hours would have about as much clue as I do. Sorry. At a guess I'd be saying 7, but I was drunk listening to a mate go on about boring his engine out a couple of thou once. Coule be 564 for all I know.
rsg2k2
I still cannot get an answer to it. If any body knows it please post it here sir.I m in need of the answer quick.
tnx
tessie
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by rsg2k2)
I still cannot get an answer to it. If any body knows it please post it here sir.I m in need of the answer quick.
tnx
id help you... but i have no idea what a "ball mill" is
rsg2k2
Sir ball mill is nothing but a grindding device used in industries to break particles.Its mostly used in chemical industry.It may be vertical or horizontal.It consists of a mill within which the material along with the respective balls are loaded and is rotated at its critical speed.The vessel is a closed container and this keeps on roatating and the balls provide impact strength over the materials and thus the material gets breaked.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (532)
80.24%
Leave (131)
19.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed