Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fosters88)
    1)morals and a guilty feeling in your mind. If you have no morals or guilt, I hope it happens to you!
    2)the OP stated the third-party was sitting in the car
    3)there may be witnesses
    4)there may CCTV footage
    I do have moral, but I don't feel guilty. I'd still drive off, I wouldn't even stop tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fosters88)
    did you get their details?
    did you get a photo of the damage?

It sounds trivial to me but it is the Third-parties opinion that counts on if action is taken.

Ideally the Third-party should either say "no action" or "settle privately".

If settle privately you will pay for the repairs. They will get a quote for the repairs and present this to you for you to pay.
    You should have taken a picture of the damage to their car and then you can get quotes with the picture just so you know the third-party is 1) getting reasonable quotes for the repair to the damage and 2) is not giving you a well over prices quote because they have added additoinal repairs!

The third-party certainly should not involve Insurers if it is trivial and you are willing to settle privately however if you are awkard and refuse, I'm afriad they could go down the Insurance path.
    Yeah, we swapped details and took photos. She said she would ring me about what she was planning to do. When she rings if there is some minimal damage she wants repairing from the incident I'm going to offer to pay for it rather than going through insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    This short post demonstrates neatly everything that is wrong with driving instruction today. We should be teaching people to drive, not just to pass their test! It is a cause of great frustration to me as an instructor because I try to do the job properly and ultimately to other motorists on the road when drivers actually demonstrate a complete inability to drive!

p.s., I do know of some instructors who actually cover putting fuel in the car within a lesson so that the pupil has done it! I can see the logic...
    I agree, you shouldn't teach people just to pass their test. I really didn't like my driving instructor but never switched instructor (which was pretty stupid of me) because I decided I would just try and put up with him until I passed my test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    I passed mine last week too and haven't attempted bay parking yet.
    I passed mine last year and haven't needed bay parking yet. If you're not sure you can do it safely then just don't in future.

ReputationRep:
    lol i did that once to a mercedes and to make matters worse my dad was with me - i was freaking out big time luckily no one was in the car and my dad goes lol drive - i knww its bad but

ReputationRep:
    I crashed into a parked car on my bike once. Fell off in the middle of the road, got up, picked up my bike and ran away

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.