Turn on thread page Beta

Is there any chance of me having a relationship? watch

I'm in my AS year at college, and haven't even kissed anyone yet. I know I'm still young and there's plenty of time and all of that, but I really would like a relationship. I'm not desperate as I have never really wanted a relationship before, but lately everyone seems to be talking about how they love their boyfriends and I'll admit I get a bit jealous. I'm a good person, and I'm not stuck up or anything like that. I think the main reason is that I have really low self-esteem; I don't think I'm good looking. A couple of guys have asked me out in the past, but they were mostly good friends, and I didn't like them in that way. How do I talk to guys and make it clear that I like them? I always get so shy when I talk to people that I hardly know, so it's really difficult for me to start a conversation :/

ReputationRep:
    If there isn't anyone at the moment who you know that you would want to go out with, then really you're gunna have to wait to find someone else. Once you do, just try and get close to them, to show you're interested just spend time with them, get close to him (literally, at college try and always sit next to them, closer than normal, but not like stalker close...that is not explained well at all), touch his arm etc. All the usual advice, you're not alone in your situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rlh1994)
    If there isn't anyone at the moment who you know that you would want to go out with, then really you're gunna have to wait to find someone else. Once you do, just try and get close to them, to show you're interested just spend time with them, get close to him (literally, at college try and always sit next to them, closer than normal, but not like stalker close...that is not explained well at all), touch his arm etc. All the usual advice, you're not alone in your situation.
    ^ This.
    You might also want to try stuffs like, sitting next to him in classes or library, then shyly ask questions, then get to know him the way you normally would (talk about life, things in common, college), but don't let him know you like him so soon. Text him when you're not together/home. Hangout with his group, or ask him to hang out with your friends. Drop hints as you progress, but slowly.
    I really can't give much more than that, since I'm a dude
    But sometimes, shy girls can be really cute and attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gold.s19)
    ^ This.
    You might also want to try stuffs like, sitting next to him in classes or library, then shyly ask questions, then get to know him the way you normally would (talk about life, things in common, college), but don't let him know you like him so soon. Text him when you're not together/home. Hangout with his group, or ask him to hang out with your friends. Drop hints as you progress, but slowly.
    I really can't give much more than that, since I'm a dude
    But sometimes, shy girls can be really cute and attractive
    Okay, forgot something that this reminded me, whilst I'm also a guy, if either of you start to run out of conversation topics, for god sake if he tries to start a new one try and give a response that can have another one.

Like if he asks you a question, give an answer that can either lead to more, or ask him something. Silence is okay, but for most people it feels awkward, especially after a while, so if he (or you) tries to make conversation, go with it, don't just one word respond.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.