Turn on thread page Beta

Student Storage for the summer business watch

ReputationRep:
    Me and my flatmate we live near our Uni and we’re both staying over the summer. We want to make some money by keeping people stud over the summer. What you think?
    We’re thinking about charging £1 a KG to keep stuff for students who live in halls, and they’re leaving for the summer. They’ll have to bring their own box but we can pick it up from Uni’s hall with a car or van if needed.
    What you think?

ReputationRep:
    Like we hold stuff over the summer. This would work with international students who are coming back a second year.

ReputationRep:
    no advice?

ReputationRep:
    Do it by size and not weight.

Rent some real storage space. Set up a blogger with details on. Hand out flyers, stick up posters, create a facebook page. More like £10 per sq ft, or make a chart with weight and sq ft so as both increase the price increase and you dont lose out on a 100kg small box or a 1m by 1m huge table that is made out of plywood etcetcetcet.

Its not rocket science dude.

ReputationRep:
    In theory, a good idea. But it'll be a LOT more complicated, surely?

When I had to rent storage space over the summer, I wouldn't have given my stuff to complete strangers to look after with no real way to tell I'd get it back. And, I'd want it all covered on insurance in case something happened to it! Not entirely sure of the ins and outs of insurance coverage, but you might have trouble getting insurance for other people's stuff at your house?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Why would people go to you rather than just the local storage facility?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.