Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I'm getting inovation-c braces put in next week due to slight crowding on my bottom teeth and two snag teeth on the top (im 20/f) and was wondering if it's going to affect my sex life?

I don't think it should affect oral sex too much, since you're not supposed to use/feel teeth anyway.

....but what about kissing? I'm pretty sure I dont use teeth but what are the chances of my boyfriend accidently feeling them whilst kissing? Would you be turned off?

It shouldn't affect your sex life. It may take you a little while to get used to having them in your mouth but once you have you should be able to kiss and do everything you did before just as well as you did before.
    I had a bf when I had braces and he was never turned off by them. He just thought they were cute. :p:

are they the braces that are fitted on the inside? if so, it will affect oral - you'll have to be a lot more careful. if not, ignore me.

It shouldn't be a problem.

Unless you're going out with Magneto.

Had braces on at 17 and having them on again this year aged 20, last time they didn't affect my sex life nor kissing.

I've kissed a guy with braces and it wasn't a problem.

But imagine if they scraped him during oral though?

Really not a problem. Had mine three years (getting them off tomorrow. ), been with a few guys. Kissing isn't an issue, and it's actually quite funny if you bump by accident, just like you would teeth?
    Guys see girls in braces as cute (and young.. :l but hey..)
    As for oral sex, you don't use teeth so not remotely an issue. Reassure the guy of this though.. sometimes they get a little freaked by it.

I know someone who got there penis sliced because the girl had braces, BUT she had the retainer thingy on the roof of her mouth.
    If you don't have that, you're all good. :3
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.