Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I want to apply for this scheme but everywhere I look, it says they only consider male applicants for primary school SAS :confused:

I want to become a primary teacher in the future but if I can't get into this then do you think I should just apply for the secondary SAS?

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the SAS this year - but have been told that its the last year it will be running (Govt cuts etc etc) - don't know if its true or not...hope its not though

(Original post by BaddestChick)
    Hey so I want to apply for this scheme but everywhere I look, it says they only consider male applicants for primary school SAS :confused:

I want to become a primary teacher in the future but if I can't get into this then do you think I should just apply for the secondary SAS?

thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I did the SAS in secondary and have now got a place on a PGCE primary course. You work towards the QTS Standards which are the same whether you are primary or secondary so it is a good starting point if you can get a place on the scheme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemz475)
    I did the SAS in secondary and have now got a place on a PGCE primary course. You work towards the QTS Standards which are the same whether you are primary or secondary so it is a good starting point if you can get a place on the scheme!
    Ahh ok thanks! what was your degree on? mine is psychology and looking online they don't seem to want that...

ReputationRep:
    Well, bearing in mind I did mine last June so it was before the cuts, I got in under Biology. My degree is Education and Health Studies combined so it was the closed NC subject available to my degree. I would imagine you could do the same. However, as they have cut the number of SAS places it might be more competitive but definitely worth a shot :-)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.