Turn on thread page Beta

Uni Student With a Land Rover, Opinions? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superturtle)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxILWFQfZXA

This. No matter who I see driving one, I think of this.
    LMAO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landie_Man)
    Ive had a Land Rover for nearly three years, I fund it with my own money and drive it to and from work and uni.

What are peoples opinions on this? Parts are cheap and insurance is dirt cheap, fuel and tax are however high. Ive wanted one all my life so drive one.

I do all servicing myself.
    Landies are notoriously impractical as city cars - unreliable, gas guzler and not especially safe in an accident.

Seems a bit inappropriate when a little runaround would be so much cheaper to run.

But whatever makes you happy I guess.

ReputationRep:
    Oh they're safe in the way they will survive a crash, but the lack of crumple zones make it a quite nasty jolt to the occupants

ReputationRep:
    if it's a real one - I'd assume you were a dude
    Discovery otoh - wtf???

ReputationRep:
    Its not a disco, its a Series III

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choccielatte)
    My boyfriend drives a 1976 Land Rover, but he's doing an MA and is 31.

Didn't look stupid when he was helping people out of ditches after the snow back in December - had the edge

How the hell did that deserve negging?!

All I said was he used the damn car to HELP people!

ReputationRep:
    You've wanted a Land Rover your entire life?

Oh my goodness.

Are you a farmer?

ReputationRep:
    Classic Land Rovers are totally cool but modern ones (especially Range Rovers) are for tw*ts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landie_Man)
    Ive had a Land Rover for nearly three years, I fund it with my own money and drive it to and from work and uni.

What are peoples opinions on this? Parts are cheap and insurance is dirt cheap, fuel and tax are however high. Ive wanted one all my life so drive one.

I do all servicing myself.
    How much does it cost to fill the tank?

ReputationRep:
    If your uni isn't in a field or halfway up a mountain, you are a scumbag.

ReputationRep:
    cool story bro

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    75% of people in 4x4's shouldn't be in 4x4's in my view..
    This is true, although the figure is probably higher. When I had a jeep I did not use 4WD once!

ReputationRep:
    How old are you?

Some people will probably assume it's been bought with Daddy's money and that you're spoilt.

Well done to you for funding it yourself

Seems like everyone these days has a car and insurance paid for by their parents :\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    How old are you?

Some people will probably assume it's been bought with Daddy's money and that you're spoilt.

Seems like everyone these days has a car and insurance paid for by their parents :\
    I totally agree. I hate them, especially when they're driving around in their '11 plate mini

ReputationRep:
    Awesome I plan on getting one too. Probably not my first car (I want a Fiat 500 so badly), but definitely something to get if you can drive well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyD66)
    I totally agree. I hate them, especially when they're driving around in their '11 plate mini
    Proper grates on me as well!

I'd love a car, but I've just been finished at work due to budget cuts so I can't even pay for the rest of my lessons :mad:

Insurance is a joke anyways! £3000+ :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilickbatteries)
    How old are you?

20, nah funded by me! Most people laugh at it tbh, cause of all the dents, not sure if the side dents were done when it got rolled by a previous owner, or the rhino horn dent when it did a stint on Woburn Safari Park as a maintenance vehicle. It has both!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    If your uni isn't in a field or halfway up a mountain, you are a scumbag.
    Though if I drove a Beetle I'd be cool? Nothing wrong with keeping an old vehicle on the road no matter the age

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
    You've wanted a Land Rover your entire life?

Oh my goodness.

Are you a farmer?
    I've always wanted a Land Rover myself, from 14 years old I think it was.

Never been a farmer, in fact most of my life I lived in very urban capital cities. When I say very urban it really means almost right in the city centre.

Just an off-road enthusiast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iorek)
    I've always wanted a Land Rover myself, from 14 years old I think it was.

Never been a farmer, in fact most of my life I lived in very urban capital cities. When I say very urban it really means almost right in the city centre.

Just an off-road enthusiast.
    They're quite uncomfortable and rather slow, not sure why anyone would want one unless they're farming.

Rather have a M3 for the money.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.