Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I want to open an e-shop and so I would need a company.
    I live abroad so I'd like to know if a non-resident can open a company in the UK and how? Will I have to pay taxes?

    Is there somewhere else? Like seycheles, cayman island, where i can?
    Opening one in my country is not a option, I'm 18 and I would need to be 21 and it's very complicated.

    I would appreciate any help!!


    Where are that requires you to be 21?

    In the UK you could use any number of places such as EACBS or Companies Made Simple.

    Yes you have to pay taxes on all profits from UK I believe although I could be wrong (not quite as sure about the UK as I have a business in France and that is complicated enough ).

    If you want to look else where, find a place with low corporation tax

    Are you sure that you'd need to operate using a company? If you are, and you want to use a UK-incorporated company, Companies House has all the relevant information: http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/

    UK-incorporated companies will usually have to pay UK Corporation Tax on their worldwide income and gains; alternatively, if operating through an overseas company with a 'branch' in the UK, UK Corporation Tax is only due on UK income.
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.