Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

Finishing my last year of uni in a couple of months and starting a PGCE in primary education in September, therefore I'm going to have a few months free. Also, my current job as a rugby coach is going to end at the beginning of the summer, so was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about summer jobs in education? I'm not too sure what to look at or where to look. I've already had a little browse on the ol' internet but not much is coming up.

Any ideas? Anyone got anything lined up? I'm assuming that a lot of educational jobs break up over summer, but just thought I'd ask!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    you could try a UK summer camp?

ReputationRep:
    I did 2 summers working at summer camps for foreign kids, as suggested above. The first company I worked for was EF (English First), however, I really don't recommend working with them if you can avoid it!
    The 2nd company is called Discover Summer, and I really enjoyed working there.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be educating my body in how best to cope with copius amounts of sunshine and alcohol whilst layed on a beach somewhere. Unless you are desperate for the money i'd take the summer off, give yourself a good break and come back in September refreshed for the start of the PGCE!

ReputationRep:
    well if you want to stay at home, phone up a few community centres near your home and tell them what your doing with your life and ask if you could come in and teach a couple of classes some evenings during the week, you could perhaps teach basic IT, how to log on, check the weather, play basic games to kids or perhaps teach people who have never used computers before how to search for jobs etc...

I started doing this part time a few months ago just because i new alot about computers and wanted to teach other people about them and after about 3 months the council told me they were so pleased with my work they offered me an actual wage.

Now im working, getting experience and i may go into teaching, karma

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.