History and Philosophy - Sheffield

American Studies and History - Nottingham

!?!?

ReputationRep:
    How are we supposed to know?

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean coursewise or citywise?

ReputationRep:
    I mean city-wise but i've put the courses in for any additional comments, if anyone has information about any of them it would be useful thanks

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure its possible to have fun at any uni!

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't do american studies. but, i think pretty much wherever you go you'll have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cally M)
    History and Philosophy - Leeds

History and Philosophy - Sheffield

American Studies and History - Nottingham

!?!?
    Sheffield cos of Corp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    i wouldn't do american studies. but, i think pretty much wherever you go you'll have fun!
    Why not? I'm thinking exactly what you all are about that course btw.. I'm currently on for AAA in my subjects though so I'm going to try and request a course transfer to History and English Literature once I get there. If they don't allow me I'll reapply the next year although I may actually enjoy the inital course.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? I'm thinking exactly what you all are about that course btw.. I'm currently on for AAA in my subjects though so I'm going to try and request a course transfer to History and English Literature once I get there. If they don't allow me I'll reapply the next year although I may actually enjoy the inital course.
    i'm only basing that off of usefulness. what exactly can you do with american studies? history is a different story, now that is respected greatly. also, what kind of fun are you looking for? o.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llamalad200)
    i'm only basing that off of usefulness. what exactly can you do with american studies? history is a different story, now that is respected greatly. also, what kind of fun are you looking for? o.O
    Its basically a mix of history, english literature, politics etc. all based around america of course. Could actually be quite interesting, however, due to the reaction such as on this forum that I get when mentioning it I am pretty adamant on changing it if I choose Notts.

It's History and English Lit that I really want to do, I just didn't have high enough grades at the time of applying/confidence to do so.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and every kind! A good student union, lots going on, big clubs, lots of bars, fun people etc..

ReputationRep:
    Oh and every kind! A good student union, lots going on, big clubs, lots of bars, fun people etc..
    http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/union/new...ontentID=13219

ReputationRep:
    Can we please keep replies sensible and constructive? Although I realise that most spamy replies have been made by a (now banned) member who was causing trouble elsehwere, there have also been one or two single smiley posts. Any spam will be removed and warned. Thankies :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is a good night out.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about the other two but I had fun at Nottingham. Clubbing at Gatecrasher and Oceana. 2 for 1 cocktails at the Pitcher and Piano. Lots of great restaurants. Shopping's not bad either.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.