Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Industrial piercings in unis watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, my question is fairly simple: how do teachers react to piercings and tattoos? I have one industrial piercing and a back tattoo and I have been accepted to LSE, UCL, KCL and Manchester. Would you say there is a possibility that I would be slightly disadvantaged? The back tattoo is not visible, not even only with a T-Shirt on, so I'm in the clear on this one. But what about my piercing? Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    What's an industrial piercing?

Congratulations on getting into such amazing universities! (:

ReputationRep:
    Industrial peircings, look a bit " Skanky ".... imo

ReputationRep:
    They're not going to let you in just because you have piercings and tattoos.
    It's not a job!

ReputationRep:
    You're paying to go there... who are they to put you at a disadvantage because of your appearance

ReputationRep:
    I have an indutrial, I really don't think they'll care much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Error)
    What's an industrial piercing?

Congratulations on getting into such amazing universities! (:
    An induatrial piercing is technically two piercings that are conected together with a bar from the to of the ear to the side. Hard to describe. Google it

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Management, so as I presume that teachers think it's a bit unusual or slightly outrageous for a future business employee to have such an appearance. Do you know any econ or management students that have piercings or tattoos and still be treated equally?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnyVal)
    Hey, my question is fairly simple: how do teachers react to piercings and tattoos? I have one industrial piercing and a back tattoo and I have been accepted to LSE, UCL, KCL and Manchester. Would you say there is a possibility that I would be slightly disadvantaged? The back tattoo is not visible, not even only with a T-Shirt on, so I'm in the clear on this one. But what about my piercing? Cheers.
    I have one, noone cares really, there not going to get funny about it, there are some weirder stuff knocking around unis then that trust me...

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Management, so as I presume that teachers think it's a bit unusual or slightly outrageous for a future business employee to have such an appearance. Do you know any econ or management students that have piercings or tattoos and still be treated equally?
    They honestly won't care an ounce. A girl on my course (Classics) has tattoos on her hands and neck. My friend who does law at Durham has an industrial piercing, and a helix piercing on the other ear. It really, really isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NellGwynne)
    An induatrial piercing is technically two piercings that are conected together with a bar from the to of the ear to the side. Hard to describe. Google it
    Thank you!

edit: It looks extremely painful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Error)
    Thank you!

edit: It looks extremely painful
    Spose' it depends on your pain threshold.

I pierced my own.... XD

ReputationRep:
    Really? This question is being asked in this day and age? REALLY?! There are no words.

ReputationRep:
    Spose' it depends on your pain threshold.

I pierced my own.... XD
    That's nut! You must have a really really really high pain threshold.

I can just imagine you lying down in the operating theatre room, with the surgeons trying to stich you up, and then you just go (you obviously opted out of going to sleep!):give me the needle and thread, I don't need you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Error)
    That's nut! You must have a really really really high pain threshold.

I can just imagine you lying down in the operating theatre room, with the surgeons trying to stich you up, and then you just go (you obviously opted out of going to sleep!):give me the needle and thread, I don't need you!
    LOl Meh, it wasn't that bad! XD But yah, spose' I do... Meh.

ReputationRep:
    I pierced my own.... XD
    Out of interest, how did you make sure the holes lined up? I like to do my own piercings (I have 6) but I can't work out how to get an industrial right using only a safety pin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    Out of interest, how did you make sure the holes lined up? I like to do my own piercings (I have 6) but I can't work out how to get an industrial right using only a safety pin
    Oh erm, well i have strangely small ear so, I didn't have the same side curve but basically I pierce my ear with a regular stud, but cleaned and everything of course.. Two regular piercings with the basic studs and then... A bar, which I got off ebay.. LOl

Nothing professional NOR reccomended for the easily in pain.

LOL XD

ReputationRep:
    Loads of my coursemates have visible piercings and tattoos. No one cares, it's uni - there's no 'dress' code.

ReputationRep:
    Oh erm, well i have strangely small ear so, I didn't have the same side curve but basically I pierce my ear with a regular stud, but cleaned and everything of course.. Two regular piercings with the basic studs and then... A bar, which I got off ebay.. LOl

Nothing professional NOR reccomended for the easily in pain.

LOL XD
    If you're gonna do that at least use a needle (sterilise it first of course!) - it's so much easier.

Of course, a professional piercer would be even better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    If you're gonna do that at least use a needle (sterilise it first of course!) - it's so much easier.

Of course, a professional piercer would be even better...
    Yes, quite.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.