Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls, do you use tampons or sanitary towels? Watch

Just curious !
    Personally, I find tampons so much easier. But a few people I know won't/don't use them - if this is you, why not??

ReputationRep:
    What kind of thread is this..?

Sanitary towels, I always think tampons would be uncomfortable after a long time.

I recently started using tampons and they're far easier than pads..... Pads are so messy and i never feel clean...

Tampons ftw

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, you can tell it's Sunday...

Towels as I don't know how to use tampons.

ReputationRep:
    Sanitary towels. I have used tampons a couple of times but I can feel them and cant sit down wearing them!

ReputationRep:
    Towels. I've tried tampons but they were really uncomfortable for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aeterno)
    Ahh, you can tell it's Sunday...
    :lol: this.

I never have used tampons (I sort of tried once).. I want to though, god it would be so much easier! I guess I'm just kinda scared? Yeah I'm an idiot...
    Definitely going to give it another go, when I have my next period!

ReputationRep:
    Tampons. I hate towels, they make me feel like I'm wearing a nappy :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    Thought one was a polite way of saying the other. Huh.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I never have used tampons (I sort of tried once).. I want to though, god it would be so much easier! I guess I'm just kinda scared? Yeah I'm an idiot...
    Definitely going to give it another go, when I have my next period!
    Lol, yeah I was scared too at first. Just keep trying and make sure you read the instructions properly!

(Original post by Charlotteeee<3)
    Sanitary towels. I have used tampons a couple of times but I can feel them and cant sit down wearing them!
    That means they are not inserted far enough. When they are inserted properly you cannot feel them at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteeee<3)
    means you haven't put them in far enough

(Original post by snowyowl)
    Tampons. I hate towels, they make me feel like I'm wearing a nappy :yucky:
    Yes, this exactly! I always feel disgusting wearing them 0.o

(Original post by Naomiimoan)
    What kind of thread is this..?
    A thread with a lot of anon going on

I use both - tampons only when it's REALLY heavy like gushing and gushing out of me like a TAP like it always is at the start of my period.
    Then after a couple of days when there's hardly anything left only smidgens I use towels becasue it's not good to use tampons on a really light flow, and I'd forget to change them often if I didn't need to.

I tried to make that post as disgusting as possible by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Why is this a two-choice question when there are other options? Dislike.

ReputationRep:
    Yea, i have towels for emergencys but i couldnt wear them all the time. It feels like a nappy and you're just sitting on a dirty pad. ewww

Towels.

I have really irregular periods though so I don't have to wear them often. If they get more regular I think I'll give the mooncup a try

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.