Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, do you use tampons or sanitary towels? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddThings)
    Whats a moocup? I've heard of them but not really sure what they are.

they are a cup, basically, that you insert like a tampon, which catched menstrual blood, which you then empty, clean and reinset. It's the cleanest, cheapest, safest, greenest method.
    and also so much better than any other.

I don't get why some people associate using towels with being 'childish' and tampons are more adult?

If you have towels the size of nappies then I can understand but there are towels you can get which aren't like that at all which are much smaller, you just have to change them more regularly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma16)
    back to thread question. i use pads just because i wouldn't wanna risk of damaging something be so painful to walk around with something up you as well.
    :confused: It's not painful, otherwise so many people wouldn't use tampons!! You shouldn't feel anything at all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totallydelirious)
    i have a lunette, which is just a different brand, and it's really easy. Well, it took me a couple of months to get the hang of it but since getting it three years ago i've used tampons once and it was horrible. i still sometimes use pads depending on flow or feeling too lazy to bother with my cup. but cups are amazing.

go on http://community.livejournal.com/mentrual_cups (i think that's the URL) for more info.
    The lunette is the one I want as its got the longest stem. How squidgey is the small, if thats the one you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    :confused: It's not painful, otherwise so many people wouldn't use tampons!! You shouldn't feel anything at all...
    For some people it is though, I can always feel them when I use them and no matter what sort I try it's always the same. I think we're just all shaped a bit differently down there and some people therefore find tampons more painful and difficult to use than others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .snowflake.)
    The lunette is the one I want as its got the longest stem. How squidgey is the small, if thats the one you have?
    Why would that be a factor when all you do is cut the stem off?xx

ReputationRep:
    Tampons. I can't even imagine wearing towels now - they were gross.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daisydaffodil)
    Pads - tampons hurt too much, I tried it once and ended up in tears because it hurt so much. Beginning to wonder if there's something not quite right, as GP once took swabs from there too and ended up crying then as well, due to a horrible burning feeling - almost felt like she was stabbing me!
    Any possibility that you have vaginismus or vulvar vestibulitis?

ReputationRep:
    Fast forwarded to the last page purely to see the anon count. Twenty-six already, do you ladies have anything to give away by stating which product you use? :holmes:

Can't really think of a male equivalent but I wear loose boxers, never have been a fan of the standard Calvin Kleins.

Go me, shameless R3!

ReputationRep:
    Neither. I don't have periods. :sad: OK, I do but I haven't had one for over 15 months now. I hate my body.

I used to use a mixture of tampons and pads. I actually brought a mooncup last January but I haven't had the opportunity to use it. :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show

BTW, I know some girls will probably think that 15 months without a period would be heaven. It isn't. My periods are horrible; really heavy, insane cramps, last for nearly 2 weeks and some days I had to miss school/collage because I was in so much pain. I actually miss them. Yeah they were nasty but at least I was functioning as a woman. Now I don't feel normal and even though they were so heavy that could have been dealt with by going on the pill (I used to be on it about 3 or 4 years ago and my periods were far less painful), but of course, I can't go on the pill now. Why? Because even though I don't have a period I still get my insane cramps but not once a month, oh no. At the moment I've had the cramps for 3 months solid. (They come and go but this is the longest I've had them continually.) So now my doctors are investigating that because the reasoning behind the lack of periods is PCOS but apparently I shouldn't have this pain.
    Considering that it took them 7 months to get their act together and refer me for the scans and tests I needed to confirm PCOS I have no idea how long it's going to take to figure this one out. :sigh:
    Be thankful for your periods. Just actually think about your periods stopping and how worried you would be (if pregnancy isn't the reason) even if it means you don't have to go through the cramps, blood, PMS etc.... It's not a nice state to be in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloemo14)
    Any possibility that you have vaginismus or vulvar vestibulitis?
    Yes - I think I do but I'm not sure. Might ask my gynaecologist when I'm next in, as it certainly doesn't seem normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Why would that be a factor when all you do is cut the stem off?xx
    Its a lot easier to cut off stem if its too long, than to add stem if the thing decides to escape up my girly parts and I can't quite reach the bottom of it.

ReputationRep:
    mooncups sound a bit icky to me so use tampons, can't imagine not having them now XD towels seem so unclean and so inconvenient! lulz. this thread genuinely made me chuckle :P

Ewwwwww sanitary towels are so gross.. :/ TOTALLY agree with the whole never feel clean thing..

Tampons easily for the win!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.