Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    Apparently mooncup is suitable when it's really heavy (lasts longer than tampons) and you can use them for really light flow too. I really need to get round to trying one...
    I've found that, I had some really crazy periods before I went on the contraceptive injection (as in filled my mooncup in like 2 1/2 hours, and mooncups are meant to hold 3x as much as tampons. As yet, I'm not quite sure how I wasn't dead :P), so I'm pretty sure tampons and pads couldn't have coped. Apparently mooncups are really good for clots too because they just sort've catch them Definitely worth a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KJane)
    I have to use both at the same time because I get so heavy and even then I have to change them every 2-3 hours.

It costs a small fortune keeping a decent supply of both, especially when I was on for 23 days once...
    Mooncup! Only a one off payment and they hold more than tampons

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Do you use reusable pads?xx
    er...no. Does using a mooncup mean that I'm obliged to?

ReputationRep:
    Tampons are SO much more win. You can't feel them and you're clean.

ReputationRep:
    No idea why any would prefer towels if they knew how much easier tampons were!

ReputationRep:
    Sanitary towels! I am scared of tampons

ReputationRep:
    Do you use applicator tampons? That should push them far enough...
    Yeah but I can still feel them :rant:. Not tried non-applicator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just curious !
    Personally, I find tampons so much easier. But a few people I know won't/don't use them - if this is you, why not??
    My friend went swimming with her boyfriend (now ex) whilst on her period and wore a tampon. She was walking down the ladders and her boyfriend noticed some white string dangling down by her thighs. He said "oh Faye, hold on a second, you've got a little..." then BAM! Used tampon pulled out her girly cave, and thrown (in horror) about 10 feet into the middle of the pool. Needless to say, that relationship lasted about the same length as the tampon string.

ReputationRep:
    Tampons 100%. They're less messy to use and soo much more hygienic. Plus they're real compact and can be concealed in your bag/pocket without anyone noticing them. Wearing towels can be noticed if you're wearing tight clothes and they can be uncomfortable and awkward sometimes, I never got on with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotteeee<3)
    Sanitary towels. I have used tampons a couple of times but I can feel them and cant sit down wearing them!
    If you can feel them it's because you haven't put it in properly. I used to have the same problem when I started using them and so stopped. But once I knew how to use them properly I made sure they were pushed up far enough and I've never looked back since. You know when they're in properly because you can't feel them at all, not even when the time comes for you to change them. You should try using them again, they're a dream in comparisson to pads! .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadelyndsey)
    My friend went swimming with her boyfriend (now ex) whilst on her period and wore a tampon. She was walking down the ladders and her boyfriend noticed some white string dangling down by her thighs. He said "oh Faye, hold on a second, you've got a little..." then BAM! Used tampon pulled out her girly cave, and thrown (in horror) about 10 feet into the middle of the pool. Needless to say, that relationship lasted about the same length as the tampon string.

:O didn't he realise what it was when he tugged on it? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    er...no. Does using a mooncup mean that I'm obliged to?
    Ha no but I'm currently investing in some for the first time & I was looking for a recommendation xx

ReputationRep:
    :O didn't he realise what it was when he tugged on it? :O
    Obviously not! :L

He just grabbed it, and gave it a hard yank because he thought it was a bit of thread from her swimming costume. I think it is possibly one of the worst, cringey things I have ever been told :L

ReputationRep:
    Im 27 and still havn't got my period

Always used pads because I was scared of trying tampons :')

Decided to try tampons because pads are so uncomfortable and I feel self conscious wearing them and once you get the hang of it, they actually are so much better! I'm still getting used to it and I feel like I can feel the string sometimes but other than that they're not a problem at all.

Didn't know the mooncup existed until this thread. To the users of them: how easy are they to get in? It looks difficult to me, and that might put me off giving them a chance :/

ReputationRep:
    Tampons But sometimes sanitary towels instead, it depends

ReputationRep:
    sanitary towels

ReputationRep:
    tampons... dnt actually lyk towels strangely uncomfortable for me

ReputationRep:
    Tampons, I feel so much cleaner plus I don't have to change as often. With pads I always felt dirty so changed every time I went to the loo so I went through tonnes of packets. With tampons I don't feel that so go through much less.

ReputationRep:
    Well I tried tampons out of desperation a couple of times when I was about 14 and obviously didn't insert them right because they were the most uncomfortable things ever.

I'm now on depo and going on to IUS soon, so hopefully that will stop my periods anyway eventually and I won't need to use anything. Bliss.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.