Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, do you use tampons or sanitary towels? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Yeah but I can still feel them :rant:. Not tried non-applicator.
    Non applicator ones are so much easier believe me. I can't use the applicator ones, haha it felt like rocket science. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nattynoo101)
    This! I've never looked back
    I don't understand how they would work though. I assume you have to wash them every time you go to the toilet/every time you need to change.....so how are you going to use one if you go shopping and theres no taps in the cubicles? Sorry if I sound like a right doughtnut ha! But I don't really know much about them

ReputationRep:
    Both, I mean not at the same time. But it just depends what I want on the day. Tampons mainly, but towels if I'm being lazy? Maybe I don't know..... I don't keep a period diary :L

(Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    I don't understand how they would work though. I assume you have to wash them every time you go to the toilet/every time you need to change.....so how are you going to use one if you go shopping and theres no taps in the cubicles? Sorry if I sound like a right doughtnut ha! But I don't really know much about them
    I don't have one but I've known people who do and they say they like carry round a bottle of water to rinse theirs when changing it in public?

ReputationRep:
    Tampons AND towels. I don't trust wearing just a tampon on its own coz there's always a bit of leakage, even if it's miniscule.

ReputationRep:
    Towels as I have get to manage to insert a tampon. Last tried a few months ago which culminated in my best friend asking me "if you're having this much goddamn trouble, you must have a vajayjay smaller than the eye of a needle, ffs" and I've sort of avoided them since... :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Bleeding H&R Forums

ReputationRep:
    Use both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Didn't know the mooncup existed until this thread. To the users of them: how easy are they to get in? It looks difficult to me, and that might put me off giving them a chance :/
    I've never used tampons but I imagine its quite similar - once you get the knack it's fine! It can take a few tries to learn how to do it, but it's definitely worth it. Saves me so much ££ and I feel like a liberated woman now!

I only empty mine in the morning when I get up and before I go to bed at night. You don't have the TSS risks/smell/other problems with tampons & pads so don't need to change as often. I found the mooncup better than the alternatives for carrying on my day as usual despite being on my period.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    I've never used tampons but I imagine its quite similar - once you get the knack it's fine! It can take a few tries to learn how to do it, but it's definitely worth it. Saves me so much ££ and I feel like a liberated woman now!

I only empty mine in the morning when I get up and before I go to bed at night. You don't have the TSS risks/smell/other problems with tampons & pads so don't need to change as often. I found the mooncup better than the alternatives for carrying on my day as usual despite being on my period.
    xx
    £20 is quite pricey. Defo worth it you say?

Pads, much easier

ReputationRep:
    £20 is quite pricey. Defo worth it you say?
    Is it pricey though? Compare that to using £1 pack of pads every period for a year - £12 per year. I've had my mooncup for 2 years now so it's definitely paid for itself. :yes: I would never use pads again! xx

ReputationRep:
    Ha no but I'm currently investing in some for the first time & I was looking for a recommendation xx
    Sorry, that sounded hostile I'm not in a good mood today.
    I have looked into it a bit, actually: http://www.naturaltampons.co.uk/pads_pantyliners.htm
    They seem to be quite expensive but they would probably pay for themselves after a year or so. It seems like a really good idea but still kind of..ew

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philbert)
    Sorry, that sounded hostile I'm not in a good mood today.
    I have looked into it a bit, actually: http://www.naturaltampons.co.uk/pads_pantyliners.htm
    They seem to be quite expensive but they would probably pay for themselves after a year or so. It seems like a really good idea but still kind of..ew
    I've just ordered some from PinkRobin for £15 for a set of 5 including 'holder' lol. Yeah I agree with the 'ew' factor, but my mum used reuseable nappies when I was a baby so I think it's significantly less 'ew' worthy than that also it is only blood, and if I can handle the mooncup I reckon washing pads will be a breeze, it's the same as washing your knickers when you've leaked I guess!

I'll only be using them to protect against leaks anyway, and I think it'll be nice to be free from normal pads altogether

xx

ps. woops that was long lol!

ReputationRep:
    Both.

ReputationRep:
    Is it pricey though? Compare that to using £1 pack of pads every period for a year - £12 per year. I've had my mooncup for 2 years now so it's definitely paid for itself. :yes: I would never use pads again! xx
    Hmmm may have to buy one of those! I'm curious now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jadelyndsey)
    Obviously not! :L

He just grabbed it, and gave it a hard yank because he thought it was a bit of thread from her swimming costume. I think it is possibly one of the worst, cringey things I have ever been told :L
    OMG, that must of been horrible!!
    oh man what would she have done if it had hit a swimmer!!i made it a rule never to go swimming at those times of the month!

(Original post by daisydaffodil)
    Pads - tampons hurt too much, I tried it once and ended up in tears because it hurt so much. Beginning to wonder if there's something not quite right, as GP once took swabs from there too and ended up crying then as well, due to a horrible burning feeling - almost felt like she was stabbing me!
    I had to have swabs and it hurt me too . The nurse told me it would just feel uncomfortable. I mean, it wasn't that bad but it was still painful.

In answer to the OP, I use pads because I'm insanely irregular and I can never properly predict my period .

ReputationRep:
    Both.

ReputationRep:
    Ugggh I hate sanitary towels. Even when I'm going to sleep I set an alarm on so I can just get up and change the tampon.

From what my friends have told me, either they literally can't get them in, or they're scared of it getting stuck.

I always tell them it's so much easier but they seem quite persistent so I just leave it now.

EMZ=]

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.