The Student Room Group

Girls, do you use tampons or sanitary towels?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gingerrama
:angry:
You do know how rare TSS is right?

Yes I do know how rare it is, why? Do you have an issue with me continuing to protect myself from it? TSS is not the sole reason I switched to using a Mooncup but it's one of them. I'd rather avoid if is possible.
Original post by gingerrama
Might have been her who put it up there :teehee:

Hardy har har! :P That was pretty good though!
Mooncup all the way.
Reply 163
Original post by Anonymous
So unfair. I got the implant and missed one period and was like YAY, what a wonderful side effect. Now each one lasts three weeks. You lucky thing!!

try 7-8 months on a period.. thats what implant did to me :mad: the pill is so much better for regular periods.

back to thread question. i use pads just because i wouldn't wanna risk of damaging something :s-smilie: be so painful to walk around with something up you as well.
Towels.

I have really irregular periods though so I don't have to wear them often. If they get more regular I think I'll give the mooncup a try :h:

Whats a moocup? I've heard of them but not really sure what they are.

:colondollar:
Original post by hbandtr4eva
Yes I do know how rare it is, why? Do you have an issue with me continuing to protect myself from it? TSS is not the sole reason I switched to using a Mooncup but it's one of them. I'd rather avoid if is possible.

An issue? I'm not all that concerned as it happens, just pointing out that the vast, vast majority of tampon users won't suffer from it and it's the absolute worst case scenario where they are concerned, generally brought on by misuse - not some sort of inevitability.
Original post by Gemma16
try 7-8 months on a period.. thats what implant did to me :mad: the pill is so much better for regular periods.

back to thread question. i use pads just because i wouldn't wanna risk of damaging something :s-smilie: be so painful to walk around with something up you as well.

OMG that sounds absolutely horrific! I went on Cerazette and had a period for 3 months + and thought that was awful! How on earth did you cope?!
Reply 167
Original post by Claire_Fox
OMG that sounds absolutely horrific! I went on Cerazette and had a period for 3 months + and thought that was awful! How on earth did you cope?!

i really don't know tbh. just had to get used to it, docs wouldn't take it out. was looking forward to the 7-8 months off what came at the end of the ordeal!
really hated the implant though, just never knew where i was with it, really fked me up not just the fact i had long periods too.

now my periods are just 4-5 days a month and much lighter on the pill :biggrin:
Original post by OddThings

Mooncup refers to one of the brands of menstural cup, this is, as far as I know one of the easiest to get hold of in the UK. i.e. Boots stock them. http://community.livejournal.com/menstrual_cups << There are lots of different brands, most can be bought off the internet. Do have a look at the size guide before choosing one!!
Reply 169
I haven't had a period for over a year (on the pill) but when I did, I would only use tampons. Towels are too nappy-ish
Both. Well, obviously not at the same time, but just one or the other depending on how I feel.
Tampons! Pads are far too messy.
Curious to try the mooncup though.... :smile:
Sanitary towels feel like a big poo in your pants

I don't even have periods well like once every four months for a day or two it's brilliant
I'm male.
Towels. Tried tampons, find them too uncomfortable.

I am thinking about the mooncup though...

Didn't know the mooncup existed until this thread. To the users of them: how easy are they to get in? It looks difficult to me, and that might put me off giving them a chance :/

i have a lunette, which is just a different brand, and it's really easy. Well, it took me a couple of months to get the hang of it but since getting it three years ago i've used tampons once and it was horrible. i still sometimes use pads depending on flow or feeling too lazy to bother with my cup. but cups are amazing.

go on http://community.livejournal.com/mentrual_cups (i think that's the URL) for more info.
Original post by CookieDoughLove

I don't understand how they would work though. I assume you have to wash them every time you go to the toilet/every time you need to change.....so how are you going to use one if you go shopping and theres no taps in the cubicles? Sorry if I sound like a right doughtnut ha! But I don't really know much about them :colondollar:

you don't need to wash tham that often. you can leave a cup in for up to 12 hours. i find that on the first day i can only leave it for about 8 (so i put it in in the morning, and don't need to do anyhting until i get in from school), and after that can leave it in for 12, so only need to do it morning and night at home.

£20 is quite pricey. Defo worth it you say?

say you buy a packet/box of pads/tampons every month, right?
that's about £1-£2
you can use a mentrual cup for 10 years. so...after 1-2 years you've already saved the cost of the pads/tampons and the next 8 years are free.
I've been using pads from day until i found out ma younger cousin uses tampons an i felt well stupid so i taught maself..the grass is greener on the other side trust me..

they are a cup, basically, that you insert like a tampon, which catched menstrual blood, which you then empty, clean and reinset. It's the cleanest, cheapest, safest, greenest method.
and also so much better than any other.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending