Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never attempted to rock this look, but I guess it's pretty hard....

Can someone kinda give some tips for this, because I'm clueless, never wore it before?

ReputationRep:
    Jeans and a denim jacket, all at once?

You'd look pretty 90s :dontknow:

If you really must do it, make sure the jacket and the jeans aren't the same colour of denim. I guess a blue denim jacket and black jeans, for example, wouldn't look so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    Jeans and a denim jacket, all at once?

You'd look pretty 90s :dontknow:

If you really must do it, make sure the jacket and the jeans aren't the same colour of denim. I guess a blue denim jacket and black jeans, for example, wouldn't look so bad.
    Well I lur the 90's.... + it's a good look if you can rock it. IF.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're not going for this look...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Double denim?? Really?!
    Imo, you can't do it unless you have an edge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    Double denim?? Really?!
    Imo, you can't do it unless you have an edge.
    I think I have an edge,

Ok, what could I wear just a jean jacket with?

ReputationRep:
    I <3 double denim, if done right. For example right now I'm wearing dark blue high waisted jeans with a bleached blue denim shirt & I think it works. One of the items has to edgy/extreme for it to work IMO xx

ReputationRep:

G Frsh looks alright in that video, but it's not full on jacket.

Probably not what most people are looking for.. *kanye shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I think I have an edge,

Oh you're the guy who thinks his curly hair is better than mine!

Anyway, the standard guy would probably team it with a checked shirt, both set of sleeves rolled up and probably skinny/slim legged black jeans.
    Black denim I could probably forgive.
    But I'm not going to pretend I'm a massive fan of this look.

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally not a fan of this look. I wore that when I was about 10 and it wasn't cool. I guess if you were going to do it, you should make sure the denim isnt all one colour!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I think I have an edge,

You clearly don't have an edge if you need advice on how to look edgy :lolwut:

If I was a boy and wanted to do the double denim, I'd probably go for black straight-ish leg jeans and a lighter blue denim shirt instead of a jacket. Hmm I dunno, 90% of the time, double denim looks lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    You clearly don't have an edge if you need advice on how to look edgy :lolwut:

If I was a boy and wanted to do the double denim, I'd probably go for black straight-ish leg jeans and a lighter blue denim shirt instead of a jacket. Hmm I dunno, 90% of the time, double denim looks lame.
    Who's trying to look edgy? Sorry was it me? Because I don't remember saying that lol

ReputationRep:
    Try a denim shirt/jacket with a pair of chinos?

Don't really thing the double denim thing works.

ReputationRep:
    I got ripped by my partner for wearing jeans with my badass denim jacket/hoody combo.. :rolleyes: perhaps better off wearing combats/chinos or somet..

ReputationRep:
    Make sure both have appropriate tassles, and remember never to go out without your spurs and ten gallon hat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I got ripped by my partner for wearing jeans with my badass denim jacket/hoody combo.. :rolleyes: perhaps better off wearing combats/chinos or somet..

Jeans look about 12 sizes too big brah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandingo666)
    Jeans look about 12 sizes too big brah
    Me like baggyness (child of the 90's) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have a medium-ish blue denim jacket which I wear with black jeans (although they don't look like jeans that much because they were cheap ones from Primark), and it hasn't looked weird at all.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.