Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've never attempted to rock this look, but I guess it's pretty hard....

Can someone kinda give some tips for this, because I'm clueless, never wore it before?

ReputationRep:
    Jeans and a denim jacket, all at once?

You'd look pretty 90s :dontknow:

If you really must do it, make sure the jacket and the jeans aren't the same colour of denim. I guess a blue denim jacket and black jeans, for example, wouldn't look so bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    Jeans and a denim jacket, all at once?

You'd look pretty 90s :dontknow:

If you really must do it, make sure the jacket and the jeans aren't the same colour of denim. I guess a blue denim jacket and black jeans, for example, wouldn't look so bad.
    Well I lur the 90's.... + it's a good look if you can rock it. IF.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    As long as you're not going for this look...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Double denim?? Really?!
    Imo, you can't do it unless you have an edge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinball_heart)
    Double denim?? Really?!
    Imo, you can't do it unless you have an edge.
    I think I have an edge,

Ok, what could I wear just a jean jacket with?

ReputationRep:
    I <3 double denim, if done right. For example right now I'm wearing dark blue high waisted jeans with a bleached blue denim shirt & I think it works. One of the items has to edgy/extreme for it to work IMO xx

ReputationRep:

G Frsh looks alright in that video, but it's not full on jacket.

Probably not what most people are looking for.. *kanye shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I think I have an edge,

Oh you're the guy who thinks his curly hair is better than mine!

Anyway, the standard guy would probably team it with a checked shirt, both set of sleeves rolled up and probably skinny/slim legged black jeans.
    Black denim I could probably forgive.
    But I'm not going to pretend I'm a massive fan of this look.

ReputationRep:
    I'm personally not a fan of this look. I wore that when I was about 10 and it wasn't cool. I guess if you were going to do it, you should make sure the denim isnt all one colour!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
    I think I have an edge,

You clearly don't have an edge if you need advice on how to look edgy :lolwut:

If I was a boy and wanted to do the double denim, I'd probably go for black straight-ish leg jeans and a lighter blue denim shirt instead of a jacket. Hmm I dunno, 90% of the time, double denim looks lame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahthegemini)
    You clearly don't have an edge if you need advice on how to look edgy :lolwut:

If I was a boy and wanted to do the double denim, I'd probably go for black straight-ish leg jeans and a lighter blue denim shirt instead of a jacket. Hmm I dunno, 90% of the time, double denim looks lame.
    Who's trying to look edgy? Sorry was it me? Because I don't remember saying that lol

ReputationRep:
    Try a denim shirt/jacket with a pair of chinos?

Don't really thing the double denim thing works.

ReputationRep:
    I got ripped by my partner for wearing jeans with my badass denim jacket/hoody combo.. :rolleyes: perhaps better off wearing combats/chinos or somet..

ReputationRep:
    Make sure both have appropriate tassles, and remember never to go out without your spurs and ten gallon hat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I got ripped by my partner for wearing jeans with my badass denim jacket/hoody combo.. :rolleyes: perhaps better off wearing combats/chinos or somet..

Jeans look about 12 sizes too big brah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandingo666)
    Jeans look about 12 sizes too big brah
    Me like baggyness (child of the 90's) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have a medium-ish blue denim jacket which I wear with black jeans (although they don't look like jeans that much because they were cheap ones from Primark), and it hasn't looked weird at all.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.