Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hii,

So I am just about to finish my first year of university and I need to get a flat for next year.

There is no one I can share with and I was just wanting to move into a flat with maybe 2 or 3 other people.

How do I go about looking for spare rooms?

Everywhere Ive looked its just unoccupied flats.

Not really sure what to do

Many thanks!!

Oh I live in Glasgow btw.

ReputationRep:
    Put Glasgow in the title

EDIT: and check out gumtree

ReputationRep:
    I have checked out Gumtree but it was only people looking for foreign residents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punchmyfist)
    Hii,

So I am just about to finish my first year of university and I need to get a flat for next year.

There is no one I can share with and I was just wanting to move into a flat with maybe 2 or 3 other people.

How do I go about looking for spare rooms?

Everywhere Ive looked its just unoccupied flats.

Not really sure what to do

Many thanks!!

Oh I live in Glasgow btw.
    Moved to the Accomodation Classified forum. This forum is for advertising accomodation and finding housemates. I'm also going to change the title of your thread to (Need to find flat or flatmates in Glasgow). That way you'll possibly get
    a more specific response.

Does your student union offer housemate finder events? Are you able to put notices in your student union? Have you checked out accoodation websites (e.g. accomodation for students). As well as advertising properties these will also often have a message board, you can post there and try and find housemates.

If you're unsure of whether your student union offers housemate finding events then ask them, or you can make a thread in the Glasgow uni forum and ask there. Current and past students in this forum will be able to give you more tips. Just make sure you don't advertise accomodation in there. I'm afraid this forum (accomodation classifieds) is the only subforum where advertising accomodation is allowed.

The Glasgow subforum is here

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=208

ReputationRep:
    Ask someone in your Uni (best to ask someone on the same course as you, maybe)... there should be others like you and you can sort something out and plus it's great to live with people you know

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2011

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.