Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Same situation here mate. I called them yesterday and they advised me to start looking for private rented accomodation because I am not an overseas applicant..

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys and gals,

I am new here, going to do Maths With Actuarial Science this september

By the way i am having accommodation issues.
    I am an international student and i applied after the 1st of August as my scholarship only came after that.
    So now i have absolutely no idea what to do, since i am physically not there..
    I have put in my application on the 3rd of August ...
    but so far the status is just at Submitted.

Will they offer me a place?
    By the way i chose ensuite, and i don't mind anything above it since i am sponsored..

Thanks a lot!
    Hope someone can help me, i am kind of nervous now since this is my 1st time and i have no accommodation ready yet ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agelosLX)
    Same situation here mate. I called them yesterday and they advised me to start looking for private rented accomodation because I am not an overseas applicant..
    I will wait until 1st or 2nd week of September, then i'll start looking for private accommodation. I hope they will find a place for me in the end.

ReputationRep:
    hey hey, if ur looking for private accommodation can i join in too?

i Am not there yet... but my chances of getting a room in southampton is low as i applied after 1st of august...

ReputationRep:
    Should I have received an accommodation offer yet? I applied months ago and my application says "processing 2" now .

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer the day I got my results. En-suite at Glen Eyre and it was my firm. So I'm guessing anybody with insurance will hear after the 25th (the deadline for people who got their offers on the 18th); then I hopefully you'll hear after that

ReputationRep:
    is there like a date that all offer will be made before that date?...
    that way we would at least know whether we got our accommodation or not...

ReputationRep:
    Um, due to a really stingy school, I didn't have my exams cashed in, so even though I have the marks I needed, I don't technically have the grades... I've asked them to cash them in (anyone know how long that will take?)... I'm just wondering what the chances are of me actually getting my preferred accommodation once my uni offer becomes unconditional? I applied for ensuite rooms in the large halls.

ReputationRep:
    hmm I've received an offer at Gateley Hall, anyone know if its any good? Apparently its a small halls complex but I don't really want to go there.

ReputationRep:
    Will Soton still be processing my accommodation offers if i don't respond to the current offer i have? I don't want to reject my offer in case I don't get anything better but I do not want it either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimimick)
    Will Soton still be processing my accommodation offers if i don't respond to the current offer i have? I don't want to reject my offer in case I don't get anything better but I do not want it either.
    If you reject your current offer the university will no longer guarantee accommodation for you and you might not get another offer. So the only option you have is to request to change your room after you move in. There's an official procedure and you can find the details on the accommodation website.
    Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone tell me what 'Processing 2' means?

Also does anyone know when we will begin paying for our accommodation? I should be moving in on 25/09 but my course doesn't begin until October and my student loan doesn't come in until 29/09.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devanizmo)
    Hi, can anyone tell me what 'Processing 2' means?

Also does anyone know when we will begin paying for our accommodation? I should be moving in on 25/09 but my course doesn't begin until October and my student loan doesn't come in until 29/09.
    It's looking at your 2nd choice, it might revert to processing if someone rejects your first choice. The first instalment is sometime in October, so you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also on processing two...Getting worried now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomvmf25)
    I'm also on processing two...Getting worried now
    Someone I know phoned them up on Friday and was told not to worry, they're only about half way through allocations.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was on processing 2 it then changed back to processing but I still didnt get any of my choices

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unamed)
    It's looking at your 2nd choice, it might revert to processing if someone rejects your first choice. The first instalment is sometime in October, so you'll be fine.
    Awesome thanks.

Anyone else got an offer yet? I'm still on processing 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devanizmo)
    Awesome thanks.

Anyone else got an offer yet? I'm still on processing 2.
    Still waiting . I'm getting really nervous about my accommodation now.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone reccomend which accomodation would be best for nursing students and also would i require a short or long contract?

ReputationRep:
    Question:

In the second and third year of studying when you dont want to stay in halls, is the accommodation you get always quite far away from the city centre? As I really want to firm Southampton, however some people have said to be its a 20 minute bus journey away as they couldnt find accommodation anywhere else!

Please help someone who's experienced!!

Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.