The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I really hope not! I naturally have jet black hair (due to my Portuguese/Jewish/Chinese ancestry) and dyed it ginger in an attempt to look more interesting
At the end of the day if you're fit, you're fit - whether you're ginger on not!
Original post by BradP
Oh yes! Harry is yummy :tongue:

Not as yummy as Rob though! :wink:
Reply 63
Original post by ScottishShortiex
Not as yummy as Rob though! :wink:

Ohh, IDK about that

Spoiler

Original post by BradP
Ohh, IDK about that

Spoiler

Nope, that pic doesn't do anything for me. Sorry! :p:

Original post by *Boofle*

Haha, that's funny! :lol: (+rep for you) :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a ginger guy who's never worried so much about hair colour as I never had a *massive* issue with the opposite sex, and although I'd prefer not to have abuse yelled at me in the street, I'm pretty secure in myself.

But the other day I took part in a sociology experiment where I dyed my hair dark brown and got a modest fake tan, the premise being "do people treat you differently when you're not ginger". I thought the whole idea was pretty stupid, but I was being paid, so I went along with it.

Oh dear god.

All of a sudden girls were saying I was hot. Like before I was being mostly ignored, but as soon as I covered up my red hair, I was attractive. Girls started hitting on me, and my female friends started saying I should just keep myself like this. Which I am actually seriously tempted to do. At least for a while.

But it still made me think.

Is ginger hair really THAT unattractive a quality? I always figured that most of the hate came from some kind of cultural demonising rather than it actually being offputting. Or that it was more directed at the freckles (which I don't have) that go hand in hand with a bunch of insances of the hair colour.

Would love to hear opinions.

My boyfriend is ginger... not the bright orange kind, it's fairly dark, but he's definitely still a red head and I love it :smile: Before him I had never really thought about the hair colour in terms of its attractiveness, but it really suits him and people often tell me how good looking he is :smile: I think it is because he is really confident in himself though. It's good you're not bothered by it, but maybe brown just suits you more than red, in the same way red definitely suits my guy more :smile:
Sean Slater from Eastenders back in the day. Point and case.

I think if anything it can add allure to a guy. I've often sat there wondering why I am so attracted to this one guy with red hair...mysterious...
Reply 68
my ex is ginger!! and i LOVED it!..made him so unique..it was more of an auburn type of ginger..like it looked brown normally, but when the light or sun hits it you could see a shimmer of dark red. so hot!...plus he had green eyes..which complemented the hair.

ps. autumn colors suit gingers best! (yellow, brown, green..) :tongue:
Original post by BradP
Ohh, IDK about that

Spoiler

'You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!' :sad:

Yes, gingers are awesome. There were far too many attractive men on the first page to be good for my health.
Reply 70
Nope. It's quite an attractive characteristic to me :cute:
This thread is working wonders on my self esteem =o
I've always thought ginger hair looks aright, so long as you aren't plagued by freckles etc.
Reply 73
Original post by sheep_go_baa
I kinda like ginger hair

hothothot

In my mind that's what I look like.... in my mind. :biggrin: (I have my hair like this but it's dark blonde not ginger. :smile: )
No..it's not really all about the hair colour..but other features too.

I've come across 3 ginger guys now who are extremely good looking :smile: (but it has nothing to do with being ginger)
Reply 75
Original post by Captain Obvi0us

It's weird right? I was fully expecting like 60% of people responding to say it's nasty.
Original post by Oswald Mosley
I've always thought ginger hair looks aright, so long as you aren't plagued by freckles etc.

i love me some of those frecks
Reply 77
Original post by Captain Obvi0us

Same :P
Reply 78
Original post by Peachykeen09
i love me some of those frecks

What do you think of this level of freckles?

That's more or less what I'll look like if it's a really hot summer, they then completely fade in the winter though. :s-smilie:
Reply 79
As a card-carrying daywalker, this thread pleases me.