Turn on thread page Beta

Is ginger hair on a guy just outright unattractive? watch

ReputationRep:
    No, there are attractive ginger people out there, and people have their own preferences. As the first replier said, perhaps the brown suits you better than ginger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trig)
    Personallly I find ginger hair such an attractive quality:fan:
    I'm not too keen on the freckles, but nice ginger hair makes someone go from good looking to HOT.
    ....I think I'm in the minority though.
    I know what you mean, I have quite a 'thing' for ginger blokes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I like ginger hair. As long as it's not too short, but a bit tousled or something, then it can look really nice.

ReputationRep:
    Ginger can be hot, oh my gosh (if he hasn't already been mentioned) Prince Harry :coma:

Doubt he has any trouble with the ladies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    You can be attractive and ginger:

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/12...78_636x383.jpg
    (Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
    :nah: You might suit darker hair better though.

Some fine examples of beautiful ginger fellows:

http://www.lahiguera.net/cinemania/a...mian_lewis.jpg
    :sexface:.
    :fan: Damian Lewis = hotototototototot

I think ginger hair is attractive, then again I may be bias as I am ginger myself :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a kind of stereotype that ginger guys are unnattractive which unfortunately you'll have to live with (or not if you decide to keep the brown!). It just depends. It's not like you can say all brown-haired guys are attractive because they aren't! It comes down to personal taste in the end.

ReputationRep:
    im light ginger almost strawberry blonde didnt like it at school with all the jokes and **** but within the last few years ive realised i dont think i could be me with a differnt hair colour. also girls that like gingers are usally less shallow and generally nicer girls (not that ive had much success lol)

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all.

Damian Lewis :sexface:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--x9TVuFmUD...ickWinters.jpg
    ( Band of Brothers=great show)

ReputationRep:
    Loving this thread right now because of the Damian Lewis pictures not gonna lie...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a ginger guy who's never worried so much about hair colour as I never had a *massive* issue with the opposite sex, and although I'd prefer not to have abuse yelled at me in the street, I'm pretty secure in myself.

But the other day I took part in a sociology experiment where I dyed my hair dark brown and got a modest fake tan, the premise being "do people treat you differently when you're not ginger". I thought the whole idea was pretty stupid, but I was being paid, so I went along with it.

Oh dear god.

All of a sudden girls were saying I was hot. Like before I was being mostly ignored, but as soon as I covered up my red hair, I was attractive. Girls started hitting on me, and my female friends started saying I should just keep myself like this. Which I am actually seriously tempted to do. At least for a while.

But it still made me think.

Is ginger hair really THAT unattractive a quality? I always figured that most of the hate came from some kind of cultural demonising rather than it actually being offputting. Or that it was more directed at the freckles (which I don't have) that go hand in hand with a bunch of insances of the hair colour.

Would love to hear opinions.

My bf has ginger hair and I never found it distracting i cant imagine him any other way and i dont see how ginger hair makes people less attractive maybe you just suit brown hair ???

ReputationRep:
    Ooooft Ginger can be hot.

ReputationRep:
    No. Hair colour has no contribution whatsoever towards increasing or decreasing attractiveness. As long as it's not blue or whatever.

I'd quite like to be ginger, simply because it's rare. The stigma is meaningless though, and I for one have never understood it.

(Original post by trig)
    Oh this would do me nicely:perv:
    I usually prefer a bit of facial hair, less clean cut. But still, yes please!
    +rep for giving me that bit of visual enjoyment
    If you like that, you'll like this:

http://files.independenttalent.com/a...7fb6c3fe66.jpg

Where is he from you wonder?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    there's a guy i fancy at the moment who's ginger...so no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    If you like that, you'll like this:

http://files.independenttalent.com/a...7fb6c3fe66.jpg

Where is he from you wonder?

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ha!

Too much hair, and too much nose for my liking :nope:

But then again... who can refuse a man who has been squirted in the face like that with white stuff?:hubba:

ReputationRep:
    oh PEOPLE really!!

well i am a red headed male,i am very confident n cheeky etc,so i dont know if it is my confidence or that my face isnt too bad that i get lots of women but i know one thing the hair doesnt put them off,i know loads of women that say they do not like red heads,and a lot that do,so i think it is the same as everything else,we all have our own likes n wants in other ppl,and to be honest i dont think most women care what colour hair a guy has,if everything else is what they are looking for

Last summer i was in Manchester city centre,and i met a stunning brunette,she was looking for a red head(its her thing) anyway she was on a hen do and i couldnt take her away from it so she ran back and wrote in marker her number on my arm.. i got more n more drunk and it got smudged!!

my names Mark if you are that girl email me honey tehe....

In summing b4 i go,i think red hair 50 yrs ago was seen as a bad thing,and the red head was the brunt of jokes,we are evolving as ppl.and these days nobody cares really.. the world is now diverse n mixed.. who cares?? i dont.. but i do want that fiiiine brunette to find me again i cant get her out of my head..gutted lmao..n sods law eh peeps.... or if u are a ginger lover and u are in manchester and fiiiit say hello..(no gays tho i love ma ladies :P)..

have fun people,love dont hate its so much more fun lol

ReputationRep:
    I've seen plenty of very attractive red-headed people. Anyone who can't fancy someone because they're ginger is too shallow to be worth it tbh.

ReputationRep:
    To all those girls who say that they like ginger haired guys:

1) I am one.
    2) Please send me your location and pic and brief description of likes/dislikes.

Is that desperate of me? Not really- if you know that someone really likes sherbert lemons you try to buy them sherbert lemons. Most people are too shy to approach anyone who has what is an unusual characteristic statistically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    oh PEOPLE really!!

well i am a red headed male,i am very confident n cheeky etc,so i dont know if it is my confidence
    It's your confidence. Girls do not like showing genuine attraction to anyone seen as having unusual physical characteristics that are often taken as negative attributes by some other people (unless they are in patronising / mind messing mode). So even though a lot of short men (and I am tall) say that they wish they were tall it will still not be anywhere near as big a problem for them to get girls because there are simply so many short girls, even shorter than they are.

It baffles me to be honest. I have hair that is a little bit orangey with blondishness to it. I have a brain. I'm not Coco the ******* Clown so I shouldn't have to act like a stereotypical wideboy joker, as if that is somehow supposed to match my hair, in order to get attention.
    But that's probably what you do from time to time and that's why you're not single. No-one likes a sad, or even just a normally tempered, 'clown' it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Nah ginger is cool.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 28, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.