Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Basically i am torn between these two places - I know people that have lived in both and they said both are good.. so I was just wondering if anyone that knows them/has lived there could just basically be completely honest and say waht's good/bad about either of them..
    Obviously i want a realllly good social life but i imagine that would be pretty much the same across all the first year accommodation!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    bumping it for you

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck on this one too

guts telling me JB, but at the same time I know its over-subscribed so if I went for the tannery at least I'd have a chance of getting in..... so stuck!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura x<3x)
    I'm stuck on this one too

guts telling me JB, but at the same time I know its over-subscribed so if I went for the tannery at least I'd have a chance of getting in..... so stuck!!!!
    Yeah I'm thinking the exact same thing.. don;t know whether to take the risk or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia246)
    Yeah I'm thinking the exact same thing.. don;t know whether to take the risk or not!
    What have you heard about the social life and stuff at the tannery??

ReputationRep:
    What have you heard about the social life and stuff at the tannery??
    A friend of a friend kind of thing lives there and seems to have a really good social life.. but then again I'm just judging that from what i can see & unfortunately I don't know them well enough to start quizzing them, lol. I'm just worried because to me it looks perfectly good but somehow doesn't seem to be that popular? Then i don't like the whole "Oh it's full of medical students" thing as well, though the guy does History and his flatmates all seem to do humanities etc so maybe they match you up a bit :/ Ha, sorry couldn't be more helpful!

ReputationRep:
    I have the same worry, but tbh, i wouldn't mind being able to sleep when i want to, though i'd like for a party at least about 3 times a week other than the going out

ReputationRep:
    If only we could put a second choice, then I wouldn't mind so much!!!!

ReputationRep:
    If only we could put a second choice, then I wouldn't mind so much!!!!
    I know :console:

ReputationRep:
    gerogia, are you the one doing sports science, and im choosing tannery, BIG BEDS for sammi gardner, ensuite

ReputationRep:
    Im stuck on this too! i have a friend at JBP and she loves it, shares with people who are all similar to her and party all the time, which is exactly what i want, i know that if i go to JBP i will almost definately be put with people like me, but im not so sure with the tannery simply because nobody seems to mention it. when i went to the tannery it felt right and knew it was where i wanted to go but i couldnt think of anything worse than being put with serious flatmates who never wanna go out. I intend on getting truely bladdered at uni and i just have this feeling ill go to uni and nobody im placed with will be up for it!
    If thats the case ill be knocking on doors finding anyone to go out with!! haha.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=srudland8;30831145]Im stuck on this too! i have a friend at JBP and she loves it, shares with people who are all similar to her and party all the time, which is exactly what i want, i know that if i go to JBP i will almost definately be put with people like me, but im not so sure with the tannery simply because nobody seems to mention it. when i went to the tannery it felt right and knew it was where i wanted to go but i couldnt think of anything worse than being put with serious flatmates who never wanna go out. I intend on getting truely bladdered at uni and i just have this feeling ill go to uni and nobody im placed with will be up for it!
    If thats the case ill be knocking on doors finding anyone to go out with!! haha.[/QUOTLot
    well you've got me! Been saving up to get wasted! If we get dull people I'll be a **** and start the party? Lol. I reckon it'll be pretty good tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by srudland8)
    Im stuck on this too! i have a friend at JBP and she loves it, shares with people who are all similar to her and party all the time, which is exactly what i want, i know that if i go to JBP i will almost definately be put with people like me, but im not so sure with the tannery simply because nobody seems to mention it. when i went to the tannery it felt right and knew it was where i wanted to go but i couldnt think of anything worse than being put with serious flatmates who never wanna go out. I intend on getting truely bladdered at uni and i just have this feeling ill go to uni and nobody im placed with will be up for it!
    If thats the case ill be knocking on doors finding anyone to go out with!! haha.
    That's exactly my worst fear aswell It made me too scared to apply for charles morris for that exact reason, even though it was the best looking accommodation i saw.

I think aslong as the tannery has a social area and isnt one of the most expensive ones, it wont be filled with alot of serious people like you say. Cheap accommodation and a social area is probs what attracts all the sociable people, because then they'll have more money to get wasted and a big area to do it in

ReputationRep:
    it would honestly be my worst nightmare, ill probably live in the common room, basically all i do at sixth form now ha. i didnt apply for charles morris cause i just thought its more likely that they'll be posh people living there haha and im common as muck! haha. so i stuck to a middle priced one!

ReputationRep:
    it would honestly be my worst nightmare, ill probably live in the common room, basically all i do at sixth form now ha. i didnt apply for charles morris cause i just thought its more likely that they'll be posh people living there haha and im common as muck! haha. so i stuck to a middle priced one!

yeah XD im thinking that too about charles morris. Tis a shame: everyone like us who considered charles morris probabally all had that exact same fear and thats why no one like us will end up living there, so because of that they'll only be posher people left to live there.

Im pretty common too XD Im from wakefield so i have a horrible yorkshire accent

ReputationRep:
    i love the yorkshire accent! i have the weirdest accent ever, i come from a small town in cambridgeshire and it has its own accent, noone can understand me anywhere. I went to my sixth form which is about 15 miles away and none of them understood me there so embarressing!! ha.
    hopefully everyone like us goes to the tannery then! haha, would be good if they did!

ReputationRep:
    i love the yorkshire accent! i have the weirdest accent ever, i come from a small town in cambridgeshire and it has its own accent, noone can understand me anywhere. I went to my sixth form which is about 15 miles away and none of them understood me there so embarressing!! ha.
    hopefully everyone like us goes to the tannery then! haha, would be good if they did!
    try having an african accent mixed with mancunian and talking really fast , people only started to understand what i was saying in last 2 years :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I bet that's well cool! I love accents soooooo much!! Welsh Is my favourite though, I was considering going to cardiff uni simply to pick up the welsh accent... Mmmm makes me melt!! Ha

ReputationRep:
    I bet that's well cool! I love accents soooooo much!! Welsh Is my favourite though, I was considering going to cardiff uni simply to pick up the welsh accent... Mmmm makes me melt!! Ha
    You reckon you're going to go to the Tannery then?!
    I'm jealous of everyone's accents as well, I'm from Nottingham but the part where you don't have the strong accent ( I don't mind, it's not the nicest) so very boring

ReputationRep:
    yeah hopefully, loved it! how about you? ahh i bet you think you dont have an accent but then when you come to leeds with all the northerners they'll be like i love your accent haha. i didnt think i had one, but apparently i do!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.